Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Proof that there are government tentacles probing even here!

The rash of hawkish rants, corporate mindsets, and folks with too much information make me believe that the internet is a great tool for an adminstration to look for insurgents. This is WAY too odd for my tastes.
Down like a dollar comin up against a yen, doin pretty good for the shape I'm in

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote]Originally posted by franknputer: [b]You must be one of those commie pinko hippie muslim-types we're lookin' for... Don't worry, we know where you live... :freak: [/b][/quote]Hey I know you jest....but these are freaky times....
Down like a dollar comin up against a yen, doin pretty good for the shape I'm in

ok, i admit it, it's me. I'm gathering all the info i can on possibly the most intelligent well balanced group of people in the world, and hand picking a few "special people" to be swept up at an undisclosed time to be taken away for new world order training. There is nothing to worry about. IF YOU ARE CHOSEN, IT WILL BE TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY'S BENIFIT. Stay calm and continue will the silliness, gently unfolding your innerselves to the "eye". :wave: Play on chillins, play on.

So anybody who doesn't tote the liberal line on this BBS is a government plant? Quit being such a weenie. Obviously, there are probably more "left-leaning" folks in an artistic forum such as this, so more conservative members such as myself might seem out of place. Just because I am happy to see terrorists bombed to smithereens and think that Alec Baldwin is a blowhard does not put me in cahoots with the current administration. People around here have differing opinions regarding EQs, fx, blah blah blah, etc, why should political views be any different?

Actor compares 2000 election to Sept. 11 Alec Baldwin says disputed vote damaged democracy By Bill Cotterell DEMOCRAT SENIOR WRITER Florida's 2000 presidential election fiasco damaged democracy as badly as the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks hurt the nation, actor Alec Baldwin said Thursday. Baldwin told a Florida A&M University audience that President Bush and his brother, Gov. Jeb Bush, are hoping that a wartime "moratorium on criticizing the government" will help Republicans in the fall elections. Baldwin, a New Yorker, said memories of Sept. 11 have overshadowed public doubts about the 36-day recount of Florida presidential ballots. He said the war makes it hard for Bush critics to remind voters of "this other disaster that we faced in this country - a disaster that ... has done as much damage to our country as any terrorist attack could do, in some ways. "I know that's a harsh thing to say, perhaps, but I believe that what happened in 2000 did as much damage to the pillars of democracy as terrorists did to the pillars of commerce in New York City," Baldwin said, drawing applause from the breakfast audience of about 200. Bush spokeswoman Elizabeth Hirst said the governor signed legislation last year providing $24 million in election-reform funding over two years, including $6 million for voter education and $2 million for a statewide registration database. Much of the rest will go for replacing punch-card voting equipment and training poll workers to avoid what happened in the presidential election. "Florida has moved on and America has moved on," she said. "We've got a president with incredibly high ratings now." The governor also is running substantially ahead of Democratic challengers in Florida polls. Baldwin is a board member of People for the American Way, a liberal lobbying group that sponsored the two-day observation of the second anniversary of a mass march on Tallahassee. The march protested the governor's 1999 executive orders that supplanted affirmative action in university admissions and state contracting. As in a rally at St. Mary's Primitive Baptist Church on Wednesday night, speakers at the FAMU prayer breakfast focused more on the disputed 2000 presidential election than the One Florida protests they were commemorating. Baldwin and other speakers warned that voters will face new challenges this year because legislative and congressional redistricting is changing political boundaries. He said the White House and Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, along with the governor and other Republican leaders, are banking on the news media and voters staying distracted by the war on terrorism. "When Donald Rumsfeld and the Pentagon spokespeople say to you, 'Well, this is going to be a long war, we're going to be in Afghanistan for the long haul,' what that euphemism means is that the moratorium on criticizing the government must be extended longer and longer and longer - ideally, beyond the 2002 election," Baldwin said. Participants in the rally and prayer breakfast included Sen. Kendrick Meek, D-Miami, and former Rep. Tony Hill of Jacksonville. The two staged a sit-in at the lieutenant governor's office Jan. 18-19, 2000, demanding to see Bush about One Florida. The sit-in led to a March 7 march of about 12,000 protesters on the Capitol and a voter-registration drive that boosted black turnout by about 65 percent in the presidential election. Meek said the governor could be in trouble if people "remember in November" what happened two years ago. "It's like a hurricane, starting like a tropical storm and going to Category 1, Category 2," Meek said. "That's what I feel is coming in November. In this upcoming election, for the first time in state history, we're going to make sure everyone's vote is counted." --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[quote]Originally posted by halljams: [b]Yeah me too, what a wiener! Who's Alec Baldwin? :wave: [/b][/quote]If you really need to know, check out this thread... http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=004727

[quote]Originally posted by Parisongs: [b]Actor compares 2000 election to Sept. 11 Alec Baldwin says disputed vote damaged democracy By Bill Cotterell DEMOCRAT SENIOR WRITER Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla-[/b][/quote]Oh THAT guy! Have you ever seen the size of his head?!! He has an enormous head !! But seriously.... That little article doesn't seem to be a very big deal to me. Isn't that what politics are all about? Getting and staying in power? The party that isn't in power digs and dredges every little thing imaginable up, and throws it out to influence the voters, so what? What is new about that? I read it 2x, did i miss something?

[quote]Originally posted by Kobb: [b]So anybody who doesn't tote the liberal line on this BBS is a government plant? Quit being such a weenie. Obviously, there are probably more "left-leaning" folks in an artistic forum such as this, so more conservative members such as myself might seem out of place. Just because I am happy to see terrorists bombed to smithereens and think that Alec Baldwin is a blowhard does not put me in cahoots with the current administration. People around here have differing opinions regarding EQs, fx, blah blah blah, etc, why should political views be any different?[/b][/quote]Hey how can a cheesehead know how to spell terrorist???? :) Seriously, your opinion is way more important than mine....my apologies. And to be honest, nobody has ever confused me with being a weenie......maybe a dick!!!!!! :)

[quote]Originally posted by strat0124: [b]Hey how can a cheesehead know how to spell terrorist???? :) [/b][/quote]Ooooooo... dem's fightin' words. And you're right... my opinion IS more important than yours. Or should that be "impotent"?

[quote]Originally posted by Kobb: [b] [quote]Originally posted by strat0124: [b]Hey how can a cheesehead know how to spell terrorist???? :) [/b][/quote]Ooooooo... dem's fightin' words. And you're right... my opinion IS more important than yours. Or should that be "impotent"?[/b][/quote]Hahaha...thanks man, I needed a giggle this morning! I was hoping you took it the way I intended!

• 5 months later...
In case you're at a loss for a hostile post, here's one - brought to you by FlameStation, the AI Flame Generator for BeOS! :D [quote][b]Great to hear another unbiased point of view, Dr. Dickhead. I'm starting to believe you're merely an experiment in Artificial Stupidity. Don't feel bad - everyone was a clueless newbie once. Is that why you can't stop posting? Or do you like people pointing you out to be the adolescent hypocrite you truly are? After all this vitriolic B.S., I am forced to conclude that this bozo resides at 1600 Pennsylvana Ave, Washington DC. You can't expect me to believe that there are TWO humans on this planet capable of this quantity of stupidity. [/b][/quote]Yours, free of charge. If you need more, both BeOS PE and Flamestation are at [url=http://www.bebits.com.]www.bebits.com.[/url] [i]This message has been brought to you as a public service - so Bite Me.[/i]

[quote]Originally posted by franknputer: [b]
quote:
Originally posted by strat0124:
quote:
Originally posted by franknputer: You must be one of those commie pinko hippie muslim-types we're lookin' for... Don't worry, we know where you live... :wave: By the way...maybe you'd like to make some coffee?? :thu: [/b][/quote]And get some donuts. We're gonna need a lot of donuts.

Those donuts'll come in handy when the heat gets here... no harm in getting on their good side! That's the side I want to see. The entire media consists of blowhards...these long media posts are really gruelling, I can't wade through them. Political reporting is white noise- it's just about telling you what to think about and how, or just react to, in case you might get any ideas of your own, or look through your own eyes. Can't believe how many people actually feel themselves to belong to one of two points of view... :confused: Yeah, we need donuts!

A WOP BOP A LU BOP, A LOP BAM BOOM!

"There is nothing I regret so much as my good behavior. What demon possessed me that I behaved so well?" -Henry David Thoreau

Archived