Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Can you identify this old pop song?

Thanks, if you can. A search turns up nothing. Sounds kinda like The Grassroots except the lead singer sounds a bit more raw than their lead guy... C C7 Baby, now that I've found you F I can let you know Fm I've built my world around you C I need you so D Baby, even though F You don't need me G You don't need me

> > > [ Live! ] < < <

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Foundations. One of my fave 60s pop tunes with a Motown feel (although I don't think they were a Motown act.) Great hook line. And you're right...Build Me Up is another one that has a great melody.
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

[quote]Originally posted by Eric Worthington: [b]Allison Krause did a great cover of that song. Another (bigger) hit by the Foundations: "Build Me Up Buttercup." (Can you imagine a songwriter today writing a song with that title??)[/b][/quote]Ever since reading this last night, I've had "WWWWHY DO YA build me up, buttercup baby - just to let me down..." running incessantly through my head. Thanks a LOT! :rolleyes: ;) Actually, it was a rather catchy pop tune... [img]http://www.freakygamers.com/smilies/s2/contrib/navigator/usa.gif[/img] Phil O'Keefe Sound Sanctuary Recording Riverside CA http://www.ssrstudio.com pokeefe777@ssrstudio.com "Juarez Phil?"

The other band from around that time that was underrated was the Beau Brummels. Their song "Laugh Laugh" was great, and they had a few others. Any body remember them (or the other tunes)? Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

"Don't Talk To Strangers" was another of the Beau Brummels hits. I saw a couple members of the band play a brief "reunion" set (backed by Cyril Jordan of the Flamin' Groovies and sixties-rock-expert Alec Palao's band, the Cuban Heels) a couple years back. Probably the last time that will ever happen ... (but they're still immortalized by their performance on the Flintstones!)

Archived