Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Meet the Osbournes...

[quote]Originally posted by sactog: [b]watching Ozzy trying to figure out how to play a DVD was hilarious....(i program those touch panels for a living)[/b][/quote]This was the last one I saw, and I practically fell off my couch when he tried pressing the [b]cross[/b] to get the dvd to play! :thu:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here is an interesting story about the show and the inevidible copycats like Gene Simmons that will make their way to TV that was in the NY Daily News: Tough Act to Follow Can Oz & kin do it again? All indications are that "The Osbournes," whose series finale premieres tonight at 10:30 on MTV, will cut a deal this week and be back for a second season. The question is: Can it be as good the second time around? Probably not. For the same reasons that the first "Survivor" was such a phenomenon on CBS, these first 10 weeks with Ozzy Osbourne and family have enjoyed a level of success and a sense of fresh discovery that may be impossible to replicate. As with "Survivor," "The Osbournes" is bound to generate a feverish round of sorry copycats. Just as when reality-show-contest programs burst onto the post-"Survivor" scene, network executives across the board are dreaming about the reality-sitcom-documentary, or whatever hybrid genre "The Osbournes" represents. Surround a fringe loose-cannon celebrity with cameras for a few months, and presto: TV's next hit. Right? Wrong. Even "The Osbournes" itself, which has been giddily fresh as an examination of Osbourne's life at home and on tour, risks being a very different show when it returns next season. It's one thing to have MTV cameras tag along backstage at "The Tonight Show," when Jay Leno seems oblivious to the camera crew as he casually asks Osbourne for an autograph for a relative. It's another to have Osbourne attend a Washington, D.C., press dinner and be singled out by President Bush. Next year, it won't only be the Osbourne children playing consciously to the cameras. It will be all the hangers-on and business acquaintances and just about everyone else. Even Ozzy, next year, might become sufficiently aware of being a TV star that he won't hobble around chasing cats in his bathrobe any more. And that would be terrible, for it's precisely the lunacy of "The Osbournes" that makes it so addictive. When filming this year's shows, Ozzy, Sharon and two of their children, Kelly and Jack, had no concept of how famous the series would make them. Now they know -- and for next year, that knowledge might be a dangerous thing. (One way to inject something different into the second season: Persuade Aimee, the elder Osbourne sibling who declined to swim around in this particular TV fishbowl, to take part next time. She's beautiful, mysterious, and -- based on her reticence in becoming a TV mainstay -- unusually sensible and discerning.) As for other music stars hopping aboard the reality-sitcom bandwagon, many may leap but few will land safely. Warren Beatty, in the documentary "Truth or Dare," noted wryly that Madonna wanted to live her life on camera. The format of "The Osbournes" would give her the chance -- but merely being egotistical enough to want that attention doesn't mean you deserve it, or are watchable if you do. "The Osbournes" works, in part, because its family members are as functional as dysfunctional. Ozzy looks like a doddering fool at times, yet he's a fool who has made millions and clearly loves his family. It's a little like "The Addams Family," with Ozzy as Gomez, Sharon as Morticia, Kelly as Wednesday and Jack as Pugsley. Who else would be this much fun to watch? I'm not sure who would fit the bill. But like MTV and everyone else on TV, I'm open to suggestions.

Joe McDonough

Music Player Network

I would definitely watch next season if they got Aimee on board. I saw her on E! when they were rerunning all of Ozzy's appearances on the Howard Stern show last week. Aimee was there a couple years ago and you could tell that she's probably a hottie now, cute girl. Plus she seemed pretty straight laced, more than anybody else in the house.

i will definately be watching next season. tonights show was classic, lines like "at least im not sting" lmfao. the whole part between jack and kelly arguing about him shooting her in the leg and her laughing at him getting hit by a baseball bat. siblings, i shot my sister once in the hand with a pencil loaded into a slingshot... stuck in deep. i love the show, although i wish it was on HBO so it wasnt censored. reminds me of my family growing up, and daydreams of what my family will become. and made ozzy famous? are you kidding me? what was he before the show?

alphajerk

FATcompilation

"if god is truly just, i tremble for the fate of my country" -thomas jefferson

I don't get it. Are you saying that Ozzie Osbourne has a TV show? Or is it someone portraying him (? What does he do? Eat live animals? Sounds like a riot.

The Black Knight always triumphs!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Archived