Jump to content


Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Meet the Osbournes...


Recommended Posts

In case you missed it, the debut of the show was tonight on MTV. Man was it funny. The audio quality at times was pretty lame and with Ozzy's occasional mumbling it makes it all that more difficult but what a riot. And there were bleeps about every third word. They were moving into a new house in Beverly Hills--what an experience. And the kids are just as funny as Ozzy. To see the Ozman in parental role--he just wanted to get the TV working! Highly recommended...
Link to comment
Share on other sites



  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote]A 90s answer to the 50s Ozzy (also a bandleader...)??[/quote]You might be thinking of Ricky Ricardo Tedster Anyway I am considering getting a satellite dish just so I can see this show. I am not an Ozzy fan but I once chatted briefly with him at a studio and he was a very friendly and accessible guy. I remember reading an interview and he said that his fans would be very shocked to find out that he was pretty much a typical Dad at home, except for the tatoos I guess.

Mac Bowne

G-Clef Acoustics Ltd.

Osaka, Japan

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My daughter has actually spent the night at that house before - she's friends with Ozzy's daughter. I have not met them, but from all accounts, they're nice people. [img]http://www.freakygamers.com/smilies/s2/contrib/navigator/usa.gif[/img] Phil O'Keefe Sound Sanctuary Recording Riverside CA http://www.ssrstudio.com pokeefe777@ssrstudio.com
Link to comment
Share on other sites

What's the theme song? Badadada (Snap snap) They're creepy and they're kooky Mysterious and spooky They're altogether ooky The Osbourne Family Or... Osbournes, meet the Osbournes, They're the modern stone age family From the town of Beverly, they're a page right out of history :D :D :D Three cheers for Ozzy, though, the first Metalhead to star in his own sitcom! BTW...everytime I flip thru MTV, that Sebastian Bach guy (Skid Row) is on. Is it me, or is he a bit tiresome? Okay, what other rock and rollers should do their own TV shows? I'd vote for a Ted Nugent Kill'em and Grill'em cooking show...
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"
Link to comment
Share on other sites

[quote]Originally posted by gtrmac@hotmail.com: [b] [quote]A 90s answer to the 50s Ozzy (also a bandleader...)??[/quote]You might be thinking of Ricky Ricardo Tedster Anyway I am considering getting a satellite dish just so I can see this show. I am not an Ozzy fan but I once chatted briefly with him at a studio and he was a very friendly and accessible guy. I remember reading an interview and he said that his fans would be very shocked to find out that he was pretty much a typical Dad at home, except for the tatoos I guess.[/b][/quote]Actually, I think it was a referece to Ozzie and Harriet, with little Ricky Nelson. But ... was Ozzie Nelson a bandleader too?
I really don't know what to put here.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

[quote]Originally posted by Tedster: [b]What's the theme song? Badadada (Snap snap) They're creepy and they're kooky Mysterious and spooky They're altogether ooky The Osbourne Family Or... Osbournes, meet the Osbournes, They're the modern stone age family From the town of Beverly, they're a page right out of history :D :D :D Three cheers for Ozzy, though, the first Metalhead to star in his own sitcom! BTW...everytime I flip thru MTV, that Sebastian Bach guy (Skid Row) is on. Is it me, or is he a bit tiresome? Okay, what other rock and rollers should do their own TV shows? I'd vote for a Ted Nugent Kill'em and Grill'em cooking show...[/b][/quote]The theme song was the lyrics to Crazy Train with some 50s style sit com melody (I'm pretty sure about this since at least the last few lyrics were the same that I heard). The show was indeed hilarious. It's going to be a big hit and has already been getting great reviews from places like the NYT and EW. My favorite part was.....was.....well the whole damm thing. Watching the kids is intersting. Ozzy and his boy both yell "Shut Up" when the girl complains that they're too violent as they're working on Ozzy's rifle. I hear in a future episode Ozzy wanders his new Beverly Hills neighborhood yelling for his lost cat to the horror of all his neighbors.

Joe McDonough

Music Player Network

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So I got home from practice, switched on MTV, and sat, slack-jawed in wonderment for a full half-hour. Ozzy's family is the very best thing to happen to television since coaxial cable. I'm thinking of sampling next week's show, because the BWEEPS are practically metronome-steady in their frequency! Some spacey-funky loops could be had by anyone with the time to waste! I LOVED the show. High spots were Ozzy trying to figure out how to operate the remote to his new TV, camera shots as the moving van was being unloaded: a stack of cardboard cartons, labeled "Dishes", "Linen", and "Devil Heads", Ozzy pleading with his children not to drink or do any drugs as they prepared to go out for the evening --what a great Dad!!!-- and a heartfelt moment when he said to his son "You know I love you all with all my heart, but you're all BWEEPing mad!" Is this a great country or what? I'm gonna go buy some eyeliner.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yep, Sylver, It was indeed a reference to "Ozzie and Harriet"... That's how they got started. Ozzie Nelson was a band leader in a quite popular big band... Harriet was a singer in the band. Ozzie said to Harriet "Girl I like your face" And Harriet says this as she takes him by the hand... Ob la di, ob la da... Wrong song. Nope, but that's right. And little Ricky Nelson, who grew up to be a teen sensation.
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"
Link to comment
Share on other sites

That Ozzie show was incredible.... Tell ALL Your friends...worth a look.... I especially like the line where his daughter was complaining at dinner " you never listen to me" and Ozzie replies "Sweetie, I have spent 35 years in front 135,000,000 decibals....Write me a note dear!"
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The theme song was in fact Pat Boone covering an Ozzy tune... Aaaiiieeee! Yes, it's out on CD with some other 'metal' covers... A local newspaper article mentioned that the second episode features the Ozzman trying to switch on a vacuum cleaner, which the female reviewer said is one of the funniest things she has ever seen. The show is just great, no one could make it up, and I will cheerfuly fork out for the uncensored series on DVD. Randy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

[quote]Originally posted by Chip McDonald: [b]So when does this come on? Or is this one of those MTV pseudo-Tom Green things where you never really know when it's going to come on?[/b][/quote]Every Thursday after the Real World at 10:30 PM...actually the RW next week also looks like a blast...
Link to comment
Share on other sites

[quote]Originally posted by kudyba: [b] [quote]Originally posted by Chip McDonald: [b]So when does this come on? Or is this one of those MTV pseudo-Tom Green things where you never really know when it's going to come on?[/b][/quote]Every Thursday after the Real World at 10:30 PM...actually the RW next week also looks like a blast...[/b][/quote]you mean tuesday.

alphajerk

FATcompilation

"if god is truly just, i tremble for the fate of my country" -thomas jefferson

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah Rob, it's Tuesday you fool. ;) I got the following from a media newsletter today: TV Tidbits: Notes of Interest -The Osbournes Are Off and Running on MTV: New reality series The Osbournes on MTV, which is generating a ton of water-cooler buzz, debuted this past Tuesday at 10:30 p.m. as the highest rated new series premiere in the history of the cable network with a 2.8 household rating and a 3.4 among P12-34. The Osbournes chronicle the life of heavy-metal musician Ozzy Osbourne, his wife and his two teenage children. This was also in it: -So Long, The Chair: As expected, ABC lowered the boom on reality/game show The Chair, with the final telecast set for Monday, March 18.

Joe McDonough

Music Player Network

Link to comment
Share on other sites

[quote]Originally posted by deanmass: [b]That Ozzie show was incredible.... Tell ALL Your friends...worth a look.... I especially like the line where his daughter was complaining at dinner " you never listen to me" and Ozzie replies "Sweetie, I have spent 35 years in front 135,000,000 decibals....Write me a note dear!"[/b][/quote]Oh! That's what he said! I honestly thought he said 135,000,000 testicles. :eek: I didn't know what that was supposed to mean. I wish my tv had closed captioning. THat show needs subtitles!
Link to comment
Share on other sites

[quote]Originally posted by pokeefe777@msn.com: [b]My daughter has actually spent the night at that house before - she's friends with Ozzy's daughter. I have not met them, but from all accounts, they're nice people. [img]http://www.freakygamers.com/smilies/s2/contrib/navigator/usa.gif[/img] Phil O'Keefe Sound Sanctuary Recording Riverside CA http://www.ssrstudio.com pokeefe777@ssrstudio.com[/b][/quote]You can't hide money! :)
Down like a dollar comin up against a yen, doin pretty good for the shape I'm in
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Once again it was a riot. All of the animals and scenarios were downright hilarious. And Ozzy's speaking "ability" is icing on the cake. But 1 thing that I don't understand. MTV has been doing reality series for over 10 years. Now they finally get a "name" to participate. Why is the sound qulity so crappy? Do they really need to give them all lavalier mic clip ons?
Link to comment
Share on other sites

oh. my. god. can it get any better than this? I wonder, does Ozzy need more meds, or does he take too many as is? :rolleyes: I liked when Sharon did her crotch-grind on Jack’s plaything...hee! :freak: anyone up for a ham-toss? buaahahahaa! :D :D Does Ozzy need to work out for the tour? He sure did do the glass-break shot put OK! :eek: [b]this[/b] is killer television for the mindless generation! :thu:
Go tell someone you love that you love them.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...