Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Believe it or Not - NAMM Dinner Picture

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote]Originally posted by Tedster: [b]How come almost everyone is wearing black?[/b][/quote]Just like in NYC...e-v-e-r-y-o-n-e...wears black...it's just...oh-so-fashionable!!! :rolleyes:

miroslav - miroslavmusic.com

"Just because it happened to you, it doesn't mean it's important."

[quote]Originally posted by Cereal: [b] Gus [/b][/quote]That's soooo right ! That's me :D [quote]Originally posted by Cereal: [b] Sitting Steve (glasses & Mustache) who's the lady? [/b][/quote]That Lady is Christine Tornabene from the Music Yellow Pages [quote]Originally posted by Cereal: [b] The black guy is a visiting drummer from NYC[/b][/quote]That's Chris old time buddy Bryan Carter. Great Drummer BTW.

Músico, Productor, Ingeniero, Tecnólogo

Senior Product Manager, América Latina y Caribe - PreSonus

at Fender Musical Instruments Company

Instagram: guslozada

Facebook: Lozada - Música y Tecnología

www.guslozada.com

[quote]Originally posted by miroslav: [b] [quote]Originally posted by Tedster: [b]How come almost everyone is wearing black?[/b][/quote]Just like in NYC...e-v-e-r-y-o-n-e...wears black...it's just...oh-so-fashionable!!! :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]Wait a second... you mean, as a musician I'm allowed to wear something that's NOT black? My wardrobe is basically none more black, and I like it that way. Ted - sure you MUST have a black t-shirt (the International Standard Uniform of the Musician)?

Guitar Lessons in Augusta Georgia: www.chipmcdonald.com

Eccentric blog: https://chipmcdonaldblog.blogspot.com/

/ "big ass windbag" - Bruce Swedien

[quote]Originally posted by miroslav: [b] [quote]Originally posted by Cereal: [b]Yeah....well that's payback for calling me COASTER!![/b][/quote]Who me? Hmmm...when did I call you Coaster? ...maybe Toaster... :p Hey it's OK...this is how cool/intersting rumors get started. I wonder how many folks will miss the part in this thread where I state that I wasn't at NAMM. And then from now on. they'll be saying..."yeah Miroslav...the guy that looks like Ozzy...in the NAMM dinner picture..." :D Hey...maybe it WAS me...??? :eek: [/b][/quote]My apologies I will do the honorable thing for confusing names: cut off my pinky only then will there be atonement I'm turning into my dad. He ran through all 6 of my brothers and sisters names before he said mine. I'm so bad at names that I've developed some things to get me through life Anybody younger than me (male) is Little Buddy, Punk or Tiger Anybody younger than me (female) is Kiddo Any guy my age or greater is Bro And Older ladies are mam saves my bacon everyday I confuse Mikes and Steves all the time. *Cereal makes note to drive to the vet and have himself put to sleep*

You know, how about somebody Photoshopping the image and putting names on it? Or just Photoshop it and put a nude Britney in there (which seems to be the best use for Photoshop these days)..... Names... Since I became a musician when I was young I can't remember names, that part of my brain is gone for some reason. You meet so many people, and it's like that part of the mind atrophies. I hate it, it screws me up all the time, has been another thorn in my social life in a big way, actually. On the other hand, apparently I look like a "Chris". I've even considered giving in and changing my name; students call me "Chris" after coming for years, coworkers, room mates, even relatives ("Happy Birthday Chris" - how do they remember my birthday, but not my name??????). Weird. I mean, I could understand if I looked just randomly generic, and I got that "hmmm... what's his name?" stare, or random names like "Bob" or "Bill", that cycled through different names... but CONSISTENTLY I'm called "Chris". Almost *daily*, by people who have known me for years and years, band members... what's with that? I know, it's part of this virtual reality sitcom I'm apparently living in created in the mind of a computer 100 years from now. Hahahahaha.... hah?

Guitar Lessons in Augusta Georgia: www.chipmcdonald.com

Eccentric blog: https://chipmcdonaldblog.blogspot.com/

/ "big ass windbag" - Bruce Swedien

[quote]Originally posted by Dan South: [b]Okay, we still haven't identified the guy who's standing between Soapbox and Jeff Leitas. You CAN see him, can't you? Or am I the Chosen One? :D [/b][/quote]I did not see anywhere he was not still properly identified... That's our good fellow [b]Dylan Waters[/b]. Cool guy.

www.guslozada.com

[quote]Originally posted by Chip McDonald: [b]You know, how about somebody Photoshopping the image and putting names on it? Or just Photoshop it and put a nude Britney in there (which seems to be the best use for Photoshop these days)..... Names... Since I became a musician when I was young I can't remember names, that part of my brain is gone for some reason. You meet so many people, and it's like that part of the mind atrophies. I hate it, it screws me up all the time, has been another thorn in my social life in a big way, actually. On the other hand, apparently I look like a "Chris". I've even considered giving in and changing my name; students call me "Chris" after coming for years, coworkers, room mates, even relatives ("Happy Birthday Chris" - how do they remember my birthday, but not my name??????). Weird. I mean, I could understand if I looked just randomly generic, and I got that "hmmm... what's his name?" stare, or random names like "Bob" or "Bill", that cycled through different names... but CONSISTENTLY I'm called "Chris". Almost *daily*, by people who have known me for years and years, band members... what's with that? I know, it's part of this virtual reality sitcom I'm apparently living in created in the mind of a computer 100 years from now. Hahahahaha.... hah?[/b][/quote]Hey Chris... Nude Britneys are better than velvet Elvises. Tom
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

[b]Chris[/b], thanks for posting the photo! [b]Dave[/b], thanks for not only correctly identifying my wife and me but for spelling our names right as well. (FWIW, [b]Ongelique[/b]'s last name is [b]Thomason[/b].) I like the way you included the [b]bold names[/b] style when listing our names too! ;) Last, but not least, thanks to all who were there for a fun evening. Let's do it again soon! P.S. BTW, most of us are wearing white. Chris accidentally posted the negative. As you can also deduce, most of us have great tans, an unusual feat for musicians! :D

Enthusiasm powers the world.

Craig Anderton's Archiving Article

[quote]Originally posted by Dan South: [b]Okay, we still haven't identified the guy who's standing between Soapbox and Jeff Leitas. You CAN see him, can't you? Or am I the Chosen One? :D [/b][/quote]That would be me, Dan. Yes, you go ahead and make jokes about me being the youngest guy in the group :D . -Dylan

[quote]Originally posted by soapbox: [b][b]Chris[/b], thanks for posting the photo! Last, but not least, thanks to all who were there for a fun evening. Let's do it again soon! :D [/b][/quote]soapbox - no sweat, it was a pleasure - sorry it took so lon, my buddy - the missing person at the part who took the picture was on two consecutive trips after the dinner. Yes, again soon, at AES, got a mexican joint I mentioned on page 1. OK, great idea to photoshop in the names - 19 of us plus Barry Lipman who took the pict! Someone give me all the names again a final and I'll do it at like 3:00am or something.

[quote]Originally posted by Cereal: [b]Chris's usually look like John Denver. John Denver should have been named Chris Denver Chips look like chipmunks Which are you, John Denver or Alvin?[/b][/quote]This Chris don't look like a skinny JD or chipmunk Hey Guys need all the first and last names too, so I can photoshop this thang!

[quote][i]Originally posted by AudioMusico:[/i] Yes, again soon, at AES, got a mexican joint I mentioned on page 1.[/quote]Here's the info: [b]AES 113th Convention, 2002[/b] Los Angeles, California, USA Dates: Saturday October 5 - Tuesday October 8, 2002 (just seven months from today) Location: Los Angeles Convention Center

[quote]Originally posted by soapbox: [b]Here's the info: AES 113th Convention, 2002 Los Angeles, California, USA Dates: Saturday October 5 - Tuesday October 8, 2002 (just seven months from today) Location: Los Angeles Convention Center[/b][/quote]Enough time to save money for the trip... thanks Geoff !!

www.guslozada.com

[b]"Overbeefed"[/b] OK guys and gals, after many hours of decifering with Gus, I think we've got it! Just missing Cereal's real name. Please help me confirm all this and I'll photoshopit for generations to come! Standing (L to R) pokeefe777@msn.com - Phil O'Keefe Sandy O'Keefe Miro GusTrax – Gustavo Lozada Joerg Stoeffel Ongelique soapbox - Geoff Grace Dylan Waters Jeff Leites Sitting Back (L to R) SteveFortner - Steve Fortner Christine Tornabene Marvester – Marvin Sanders db - Dave Bryce Sysexguy - Andy Cherna Brian Carter mcdonough@musicplayer.com - Joe McDonough Sitting Front (L to R) valkyriesound - Sherri Stacy "Valky" Hendrickson AudioMusico – Chris Adams Cereal –

[quote]Originally posted by Dave Bryce: [b] [quote]Originally posted by AudioMusico: [b]Miro [/b][/quote]I thought we went over this... Miroslav wasn't there. That's Mantovibe (Renzo Mantovani). Manto - yes. Miro - no. Pay attention, willya Chris? ;) :D dB[/b][/quote]Yeah Chris - Mantovibe's a cool guy - I'd hate to tick him off and have him storm out of here like that other guy did after the polls were added. :eek: ;) BTW, Sandy appreciates you adding her name - she wasn't really that crazy about being known as "Mrs Phil" - although Mrs O'Keefe is okay with her (good thing too - she's stuck with it - and ME!) [img]http://www.freakygamers.com/smilies/s2/contrib/navigator/usa.gif[/img] Phil O'Keefe Sound Sanctuary Recording Riverside CA http://www.ssrstudio.com pokeefe777@ssrstudio.com

[b]Phil[/b], I'm glad you brought [b]Sandy[/b]. It was a pleasure to be seated next to the two of you. ...and while we're on the subject of wife's last names, my wife (standing next to me in the photo) is [b]Ongelique Thomason[/b]. Thanks [b]Chris[/b] for doing the Photoshop name tagging. Best, Geoff

[quote]Originally posted by Dillweed: [b] [quote]Originally posted by Dan South: [b]Okay, we still haven't identified the guy who's standing between Soapbox and Jeff Leitas. You CAN see him, can't you? Or am I the Chosen One? :D [/b][/quote]That would be me, Dan. Yes, you go ahead and make jokes about me being the youngest guy in the group :D . -Dylan[/b][/quote]Ah, yes! Now I get it. Someone mentioned you early on, but they had soapbox in the wrong place, so I wan't certain which on was you. By the way, why the handle change? Maybe "Dilbert" would have been a better choice. :D

The Black Knight always triumphs!

[quote]Originally posted by AudioMusico: [b] Sitting Front (L to R) valkyriesound - Sherri Stacy "Valky" Hendrickson AudioMusico ? Chris Adams Cereal ?[/b][/quote]Hey, [b]I[/b] never knew her name was Sherri! Is that a fitting name for a Norse goddess? ;) Just kidding... :D

The Black Knight always triumphs!

I knew I ws a Vampire! Oh wait that was the mirrors... That's what I get for having to bail out early. I'll bring a digital camera at the next one... whenever that will be (:>)

"It's all about the... um-m-m, uh-h-h..."

[quote]Originally posted by Dave Bryce: [b] [quote]Originally posted by AudioMusico: [b]Miro [/b][/quote]I thought we went over this... Miroslav wasn't there. That's Mantovibe (Renzo Mantovani). Manto - yes. Miro - no. Pay attention, willya Chris? ;) :D dB[/b][/quote]Well that's why I asked for help you big! I knew I'd miss something - but at least I'm f'n doin' it! Got you soapbox! No sweat Phil! Cereal - you're shittin' me right :D :eek: No, I actually believe you!

[quote]Originally posted by Dan South: [b][QUOTE]By the way, why the handle change? Maybe "Dilbert" would have been a better choice. :D [/b][/quote]Well, I was just tired of using my real name since it's not very clever....So I was thinking of going with one of my nicknames like Dillweed, Dillhole, Dillholio, Dillmunch, Dill, etc... :p

Phil O'Keefe looks like he's on leave from test-flying jet fighters; his fetching redheaded wife and he strike a most lovely couple. Cereal has a face straight out of Archie comics. Marvester looks exactly like what I imagined. Dave Bryce seems to be eying out for the waitress so he can order another provolone sandwich. Mantovibe has a Trent Reznor thing going. Gustavo gets my vote as "Most Likely To Seduce The Waitress." Soapbox looks like a genuinely happy guy, as he should be: Ongelique is stunning. Valky exudes megawatts of positivity. AudioMusico looks like the offensive coordinator for ([i]fill in the NFL team of your choice here[/i]). It's obvious from the pic that y'all had a great time. Some day, before hell freezes over, I'll make it to one of these dinners (I hope). E

Eric Vincent (ASCAP)

www.curvedominant.com

Archived