Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: What's The Best Way to Get Someone From India Here So He Can Work?

I haven't been participating much here in my favorite forum because I've been really busy wtih stuff, and now I'm starting another off-topic post...sorry, but you guys always seem to be able to help me out. This is not only my favorite forum -- it's the only forum that I post to now!!! There is a family in Northern India (Kashmir) that I am very close with. Due to all sorts of reasons, including the war in Afghanistan, they have undergone severe hardship for the past 12 years. One person is very interested in coming over to the United States so he can work to provide for his family. It'd be great if I could help him to do this, but I just have no clue about the legal process. Can anyone here offer any ideas or point me in the right direction as far as who to ask? Ideas? Suggestions? Thank you very much for your time! Ken elevenshadows@yahoo.com

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know there are lawyers out there who focus specifically on immigration/emmigration; I think it would be best to check the yellow pages or better yet, have a lawyer you know refer you to one. Given the fallout from 09/11 I'd imagine the immigration process is a lot tighter now, but going through the proper legal channels should speed up the process... Best of luck to your friend :) Peace, Harold
meh

There's a few ways. What's his profession? He may qualify for an H-1 visa, but he needs a job offer 1st. Can he get transferred from a company based in India to the US (probably not likely - but I figured I'd ask) Get him to start subscribing to the green card lottery. No, it's not a scam. I know people that got it. Some lawyers turn it into a scam by making you pay an entry fee, when there isn't one. The chances are slim, but he may qualify. Or maybe he doesn't - some countries are excluded from it.

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

Archived