Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Help me decorate my apartment in ever so cool musical theme

I have had this idea for redecorating and recently, I saw a guy's apartment that is similar. So, my idea is that when I get my new pad, I want to decorate it in a musical theme, as in, VERY hip. I have had an idea to make everything black and white (I guess grey might pass). And black and white photos of the Beatles everywhere. I'm talkin' everywhere. Big pics, small pics. Beatles memorabilia everywhere. This friend's place I saw... he has his great room decorated in early 50s theme, complete with jukebox, slot machine, three booths like at an old drive-in, and pics and memorabilia of Elvis and Marilyn Monroe everywhere. Very cool. A part of me wants to leave it at Beatles... for effect. However, another way would be to broaden it to "The British Invasion." Or make it real broad and include all of music. Or even broader and make it just be real hip. Different. One reason that spurred to post this was reading another post on here and it mentioned a restaurant with inflatable sharks in hammocks on the ceiling. Which is similar to an idea I had of a guy and girl mannequin or inflatable dolls in a unique pose. Only problem there is that if my mother, stuck in the Victorian era, ever visits, she'd have a cow. No sense of humor. So, it could venture beyond music. Only problem is if you move away from the theme, there is no theme. Other ideas... lava lamps, black lights, circa the 60s-70s, etc. Fender bar stools. Table tops that look like guitars... saw these in Musician's Friend catalog. Only problem... no way will I pay $400 for a small table! Ridiculous. You guys are bound to have some seriously cool ideas.

> > > [ Live! ] < < <

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote]Originally posted by fantasticsound: [b]Just include a large poster of Barry Manilow or Liberace and mom will LOVE it! ;) Maybe she's more conservative and you'll have to find a Van Clyborn pic... hmmm..... Vladimir Horowitz, maybe? :D [/b][/quote]Hey... a male and female mannequin, in a dancing pose. The guy has her bent over in a dip. Gene Kelly and Ginger Rogers faces and dressed in their era's clothing. Or was it Fred Astaire? Of course, I'd spend hundreds of dollars on it and some asshole would stick a cigar... On second thought, no he wouldn't, cuz it would be a no smoking pad, that's for sure. In fact, another idea... a neon "NO SMOKING" sign. If the theme is black and white, the neon would obviously be white.

> > > [ Live! ] < < <

Archived