Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

G4 on a trip!!

I'm planing to have a trip in Europe, and I want to take my G4 with me,does somebody knows that I can take the tower[I also have a flat monitor]with me onboard!!???if not do you have any idea what's the best way to carry the computer!!thanks

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Either some serious road cases (meaning serious money) or a Titanium G4 (meaning serious money). Either way, plan to arrive very early at the airport so you'll have time to plug everything in, turn it on, and demonstrate to security that it's not a bomb. If you have the cash to drop, I'd consider getting a regulated power supply for 'foreign currency' (hah hah ha hah h,h......ahem...), because not a whole lot would suck more than getting your baby over there, only to have it destroyed by crappy, unfiltered, un-protected power.
I've upped my standards; now, up yours.

I'd look into renting one once you get to Europe, unless you know of a retail outlet with a liberal enough return policy to cover your trip.. :p While not for shipping, [url=http://www.thinkgeek.com]www.thinkgeek.com[/url] has some really cool tower sling cariiers designed for gamers, but great for hauling a tower around without heavy travel...

Thanks guys for replays,yes I do have an Ibook,but I have a lot of software[especially waves]installed in G4 so there is no chance to have them on both computers also I need G4 because I'm using motu -1224 and...you know PCI thing[and I need to record 10 tracks at a time],The only problem is do you think that I'm allowed to put G4 onboard!!!!???

very unlikely they'll let you bring the G-4 onboard, as if it is cased properly, it will be too big. Even so, I'd be prepared to spend much time powering it up, making it function, whihc of course would also require a monitor, etc. Renting or shipping is the way to go.

Hope this is helpful.

NP Recording Studios

Analog approach to digital recording.

Archived