Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Sonar problem, someone please help QUICK!

I have been using sonar since it came out. Without a glitch! Here lately when i try to "Combine" 2 audio events (like a guitar part that i punched and want to make just one wave form for adding a distructive effect) it will hang up the computer for like a minute or two. The hourglass/pointer will sit there, then 60-90 seconds later it will process the audio. Why Why Why? It used to do this at lightning fast speeds. It has gone from a Nonevent to a Huge Problem!! I tried exporting an audio file too, the same problem happened. It was caught in some Limbo for 2 minutes, the it exported the wave file. Why is it doing this all of a sudden, and how can i fix it?? Dennis

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That is odd - I'd say call support but the last time I had a probelm with it (bug) they were no help and our own Master Zap got me squared away with a workaround. I've not seen him on lately, but he's the Sonar resident expert. Does this alwasy happen on any file or is it a particular project? Is the project huge with lots of audio clips? What version of Windows - could it be an intermittent disc controller time-out problem? More details about your system and project would probably help, since, under normal circumstances, that does not happen.

Steve Powell - Bull Moon Digital

www.bullmoondigital.com

[[Here lately when i try to "Combine" 2 audio events (like a guitar part that i punched and want to make just one wave form for adding a distructive effect) it will hang up the computer for like a minute or two. The hourglass/pointer will sit there, then 60-90 seconds later it will process the audio. Why Why Why?]] The only thing I can think of is that you haven't selected a small portion of the timeline, but are mixing down tracks that last for the entire duration of the song. Or, you may have a fragment of audio several minutes out toward the end of a track you forgot about. If you just select 2 or 3 measures, does this still happen?

When i select a small 2 bar portion of audio to combine together it takes forever....NOT a huge chunck of audio here. That is why it is trivial. I am not asking it to do a huge chore, but a small uneventful edit. I am careful to get all the bits and pieces of audio to mend together, because i have to tune or effect the part in some way. Normally it takes about 2 milliseconds to do this, it is taking Minutes now. I have been on hold with cakewalk for almost an hour, beginning to think i am lost in a voicemail hell! Dennis

I'd highly recommend checking out Cakewalk's Sonar newsgroup over at news://news.cakewalk.com/Product.SONAR. You will need a news reader like Outlook Express to access this. For instructions on how to set this up read [url=http://www.cakewalk.com/Support/newsgroups.html]this[/url] article.

Archived