Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Business associates with Drinking Prob

Help ...

Just wanting some feedback.

I've got a business associate whose father was a major alcoholic. He's getting some weird kind of flashbacks of his childhood that is being triggered by a 3rd person in our circle who evidently has a bit of a drinking problem.

For me I don't have a problem with it. I don't care one way or the other what this guy does. If alcohol makes him slower??? ... so what, I don't care. This guy is important to my partner and me, I wouldn't "think" of blowing this guy off, but I didn't have an alcoholic father either.

I really hate to see this guy go ballistic on him. We all live in opposite corners of the USA, we're not making records here, although it is music related. I've made a good living out of wacked out musicians, my friend has not.

Any idea's how to avoid this thing from going South???

Russ

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 3rd guy is acting wierd because he drinks to much,......the 2nd guy is having flashbacks because his dad acted the same(his dad was an alcoholic too).

Russ is affraid the 2nd guy is going to freak out and bring it out on the 3rd guy because that guy acts just like his dad.

the first guy(Russ) has no problems at all with alcoholics because he used to be a chocolatejunkie,... he knows what it is to be hooked ;)

Fan, nu pissar jag taggtråd igen. Jag skulle inte satt på räpan.

http://www.bushcollectors.com

Nice observation Boosh. Exactly. I typed this with a beer in my hand Ha!! Ha!! Now after 24 Hinnies, I don't know if I'd be able to type at all!!! Booshy, your going to turn into a little green grenade. I knew you'd come through for me.

Looks like it's turning into a big problem. I wish I could help the 2nd guy and keep him from blowing the 3rd guy off. I bought the 3rd guy a $60 bottle of his favorite, but that was before I knew that maybe I shouldn't have done that. Just always trying to make everyone happy.

Russ

You can't think for 2nd guy. Talk to 2 openly and see how far he's willing to let it (3) slide.

Don't discuss this with 3, or he'll explode and it'll escalate until you (1) and 3 are getting drunk alone without 2, mumbling "Why? What did we do?"

Is 2 willing to "live and let live" a little?

BTW, I'm assuming you are actually playing in the same room together, if not, just be the buffer and get on with it.

Good Luck #1!

You could start serving up pickled octopus martinis - that might turn anyone away from booze.

Seriously, if you are all scattered across the countryside, and you are not in personal contact, is there a way to limit the interactions between the other two? You may have to serve as a go-between, while avoiding becoming an apologist.

excerpted

Originally posted by Lee Knight:

Is 2 willing to "live and let live" a little?

BTW, I'm assuming you are actually playing in the same room together, if not, just be the buffer and get on with it.

Good Luck #1!

Good advice. Try and help 2 stay aware of what is happening today. That might be a mantra.

Archived