Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Transfer my hard drive files to a Nomad Jukebox

Do you think I could do this? If I can find this friend... he has a 20GB Creative Labs Nomad Jukebox. In fact, he has a spare! I need to transfer my hard drive to SOMEwhere so I can start over. I'm using Linux but I'm going back to Windows.

Or is there some other way I can transfer to another computer? I need to move 4GB. My laptop is Dell Inspiron 7500. It has USB.

> > > [ Live! ] < < <

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You could pick up a small, not necessarily fast hard drive for next to nothing and just use it... In fact, I'll bet one or two of your friends probably have an old 5 GB drives sitting around... but you could probably find something cheap. Heck, for a little over $70 you could buy a refurbished copy of the Acomdata USB2 160 GB drive I just paid $140 for at CompUSA a month ago.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16822161403R

Well, I can think of a really easy option...get a 1GB memory stick and transfer everything over in four passes. And you'll be happy you got the stick for other reasons, too...this assumes I understand your question.

Originally posted by Anderton:

Well, I can think of a really easy option...get a 1GB memory stick and transfer everything over in four passes. And you'll be happy you got the stick for other reasons, too...this assumes I understand your question.

Except this is a Linux laptop. Do these devices work with Linux?

What you said, I assume if it works with Linux, I would have to go to a friend's computer and transfer 1GB at a time to his computer 4 times. Then transfer back to my laptop after Windows is installed. This is all a PITA but I have to do something.

> > > [ Live! ] < < <

Archived