Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

POLL: What Technology Do You Use for Your Main Audio Interface?

I use a "Steinberg VSL20/20".

Lightpipe to and from my SX-1. I'm not really all that happy with the "Steinberg" card though. It doesn't work that well with Sonar :( . But it works GREAT with NUENDO :rolleyes: . I'm thinking of trying a "Layla" for Sonar. Any thoughts? Help a brotha' out ;) .

I'm out...

With Respect & Honor,

Magic

"If we don't stand together, we'll fall apart... One Planet, One Tribe" -Magic

Unified Tribe

Magic Muzik Productions, Inc.

Juice & Jam

KAZI 88.7 FM

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Dennyf:

Well, I'm NOT that guy. My main interface uses a pci card (Delta 1010).

But I still occasionally use an ISA Turtle Beach Pinnacle in an old P1 that I keep just for the purpose. Just 'cuz it's almost 10 years old doesn't make it junk.

Denny, I had the same card! It was the centerpiece of my first DAW, and it was pretty darn good. Mine had some weord issues under Win95, but I recall it fondly. And I too upgraded toa Delta 1010, which is still my main card.
Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

Originally posted by Dylan:

The Layla 24 and 3G are both excellent cards with mature and stable drivers that work perfectly with Sonar, FWIW.

Thanks for the "heads up" Dylan. I appreciate the insight, my brother ;) . I'm out...

With Respect & Honor,

Magic

"If we don't stand together, we'll fall apart... One Planet, One Tribe" -Magic

Unified Tribe

Magic Muzik Productions, Inc.

Juice & Jam

KAZI 88.7 FM

PCI (Digi001 with Apogee converters). And the damn connection keeps falling off the PCI card, too...never seen that happen before.

Originally posted by Anderton:

<>

But it's a poll directed at people who put audio into a computer, not at people who do any kind of recording.

Maybe the name through me- audio interface, not computer interface. Or computer/audio interface. Is there any kind of audio interface other than a computer one? I think so. A digital converter interfaces between audio and digital.

"appalled" was too strong! I should save that one for another occasion.

A WOP BOP A LU BOP, A LOP BAM BOOM!

"There is nothing I regret so much as my good behavior. What demon possessed me that I behaved so well?" -Henry David Thoreau

• 2 weeks later...

Archived