Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

POLL: What Technology Do You Use for Your Main Audio Interface?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<

I just resample each track on my workstation and transfer 'em via USB to the Powerbook.>>

Sounds like a "USB" interface to me -- you capture audio on the workstation, then send via USB to your Powerbook.

Well... I have all of them... but then it´s PCI for my main Audio PC. It runs pretty good Pro Tools M-Powered and all the other programs.

For "Live Pro" or Studio situations it is FireWire 400 for my MAC Powerbook and PC Laptop.

... but for very very portable situations -such like making music in the airports in between fligts-, I´m still on USB bus-powered interfaces since they consume less energy from my portable machines batteries.

Choices... choices... gotta love´em.

Músico, Productor, Ingeniero, Tecnólogo

Senior Product Manager, América Latina y Caribe - PreSonus

at Fender Musical Instruments Company

Instagram: guslozada

Facebook: Lozada - Música y Tecnología

www.guslozada.com

MOTU 896 Firewire into G4 1.25 Ghz.

Very happy with the quality and ease of use. Now that I have income again, I will be looking to add another one in the near future, hopefully before the end of '05.

I've upped my standards; now, up yours.

Originally posted by Magpel:

All right, I want to know who the one guy/gal is who claims to stuill be using an ISA card!

Well, I'm NOT that guy. My main interface uses a pci card (Delta 1010).

But I still occasionally use an ISA Turtle Beach Pinnacle in an old P1 that I keep just for the purpose. Just 'cuz it's almost 10 years old doesn't make it junk.

I keep it primarily for MIDI sequencing these days, but those 20-bit convertors can still do pretty fine audio IMHO.

band link: bluepearlband.com

music, lessons, gig schedules at dennyf.com

STURGEON'S LAW --98% of everything is bullshit.

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: The Jackhammer of Love and Mercy.

Get yours.

Firewire 400. I'm using the Metroc Halo 2882+dso and ULN-2. I love 'em. I also have thhe Motu 2408mkII and 1224 but have to upgrade my 324 PCI card which I guess now I'll do. I'll try to see if I can get all of them to run together in Tiger and DP.

All the best,

Henry Robinett

I'm still carving out the premise using PCI.

I've had the glitchies and did a reinstall of the RME and the (Brand...Audio/MIDI platform) last night.

I'm used to Cubase and Nuendo so for me the jury's out for a while but at least I was tracking untill midnight after a few swell or is that swill hours of non-musical teaking.

R

Label on the reverb, inside 1973 Ampeg G-212: "Folded Line Reverberation Unit" Manufactured by beautiful girls in Milton WIS. under controlled atmosphere conditions.

I answered FW400, since my MOTU 828mkII is what I'm mostly working on right now, working off my laptop.

But after I build my next desktop (around some kind of Pentium M, I swear), I suspect I'll go back to using my Echo Mia PCI card (along with my SB Live for Soundfont DSP). Of course, whatever I build will have FW so I can go either way, which will be potentially important, since the analog i/o on the Mia is stereo, and the MOTU offers 10/12.

I use a Echo Layla PCI Card, and I must say over the past year or two of having it, it has become a wise purchase. I'm pretty happy with it.

"All conditioned things are impermanent. Work out your own salvation with diligence."

The Buddha's Last Words

R.I.P. RobT

I'm appalled that you assume that I put audio into a computer. There should at least be an option on the poll for "don't use a computer".

A WOP BOP A LU BOP, A LOP BAM BOOM!

"There is nothing I regret so much as my good behavior. What demon possessed me that I behaved so well?" -Henry David Thoreau

I voted PCI because it is perhaps closest to what I use. . .

which is PC cardbus RME to Multiface on laptop/notebook.

O.K.?

Pilgrim

The piano is a monster that screams when you touch its teeth.

- Andre Segovia

Archived