Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Yamaha KX88 question.

Anyone give me information on the KX88 Midi Keyboard? I was looking at one recently and was

trying to pull audio from the keyboard, couldn't find the audio out jack. I saw four ports on the left hand side plus midi. How the heck do I pull audio from this keyboard? Embarassed but honest..

Thanks,

David

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Depends on what you are going in to. If you can go midi to midi, the a 5 pin connector should do the trick. If you do not have any midi jacks on the receptive unit, go from you headphones jack on the instrument into your other device. Use a TRS 1/4" plug with a splitter into 2 RCA jacks for stereo.

You can take the man away from his music, but you can't take the music out of the man.

Books by Craig Anderton through Amazon

Sweetwater: Bruce Swedien\'s "Make Mine Music"

Originally posted by Mike Martin:

The KX88 is a controller, it has no sounds. You use the KX88 to control sound modules and other MIDI devices.

Now I'm blushing. :o I should have put the fact that I'm not familiar with the KX88 keyboard, but the keyboards that I "do" own that are actually synthesizers or electric pianos connect in the way I described above. When I saw "keyboard", I made an assumption without web searching the item in reference.

You can take the man away from his music, but you can't take the music out of the man.

Books by Craig Anderton through Amazon

Sweetwater: Bruce Swedien\'s "Make Mine Music"

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!

I see. So, I understand now. So, you need something like a sound canvas (audio generating device w/ midi) to work with this guy. So, what is something like this worth?

I read that it's an old weighted keyboard.

Regards,

David

Archived