Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

MJ runs the table... Not Guilty

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the prosecution is competent and the case is valid, California is capable of convictions.

I have no idea about the truth of the matter in this case, but from what little I followed of it, the prosecution seemed weak as hell, with witnesses that were completely lacking credibility.

If they can't prove the crime, the person is not guilty. That's our legal system from California to Maine.

- Jeff

Not guilty is sometimes not the same as innocent. I have no idea. I think, to tell the truth, the real guilty parties are the parents...whether or not Jacko did anything to the kids...the parents shouldn't have let the kids be there.
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Originally posted by Tedster:

I think, to tell the truth, the real guilty parties are the parents...whether or not Jacko did anything to the kids...the parents shouldn't have let the kids be there.

Right.

What parent sends their kids to sleep over with a 40 year old person "suspected" of inappropriate behavior with children.

I didn't follow the trial at all and didn't hear any testimony, but am a little surprised that he was acquitted of giving "Jesus Juice" to children.

O.J. was "not guilty", too. So, I take it with a grain of salt when it comes to celebrity trials in California.

In a way, I really don't care. I will make sure I never have to go to trial with a celebrity in California, though.

Originally posted by Ken/Eleven Shadows:

I didn't follow the trial at all and didn't hear any testimony, but am a little surprised that he was acquitted of giving "Jesus Juice" to children.

Yeah well, if your rich and/or famous you can get away with anyhting, including muredr in the US.

This, once again, has been proven.

And being found not guiloty does not mean one is innocent.

IMDB Credit list

President George Washington: "The government of the United States is in no sense founded on the Christian Religion."

President Abraham Lincoln: "The Bible is not my book, nor Christianity my religion."

Originally posted by steadyb:

I think the kid's mother's lack of credibility undermined the prosecution.

Oh, sure, absolutely, because it makes it difficult to believe that they are telling the truth. She comes off as a despicable opportunist even more than simply being an insanely bad mother.

The fact that it was not guilty on all ten counts makes me wonder what it was the jury was seeing compared to what was covered in the media.

All the so called "experts" predicted GUILTY just ahead of the reading of the verdict.

Shapiro, OJ's erstwhile attorney, was on CNN as the verdicts were being read. He thought Michael was going to get a guilty verdict. I thought it was interesting that he said the area that the jury was taken from was a very conservative one. If they thought he was innocent probably most juries would have found him so. That's Shapiro talking. But he was pretty sure Michael would get a guilty, probably just because of the conservative nature of that area.

All the best,

Henry Robinett

Five weeks ago I told my wife and several other people that Jackson would be vindicated on all counts. I could see through the lies of the kid and his mother. They nailed JC Penny and have the tendencies of Gypsies. They even looked like Gypsies. I know that it is not politically correct to say that, but somebody has to say it. PC or not, Michael was a victim of a Gypsie scam, a big one. These people are experts and they are all over the place. I was a target once and I won't get into the details, but these folks fit the mold and they had the right MO. Thank God that the people on the jury could see through the act and judge correctly.

My further perdictions 5 weeks ago were that Jackson will leave the country and live in Europe permenantly. The DA who was out to get him will lose his job. He will either retire to avoid embarrasment of a landslide loss in a re-election attempt or be stupid enough to go through an election and be further embarrased. He is an arrogant SOB, so it will most likely be the latter. Now we know that he cost that town 4 million dollars. What an obsessed individual.

Anyway, congratulations, Michael. I hope you can ressurect your career.

KB Gunn

....government is a necessary evil, but it is dangerous nonetheless ... somewhat like a drug. Just as a drug that in the proper dosage can save your life, an overdose of government can be fatal.

-Neal Boortz

Originally posted by SteveRB:

Originally posted by steadyb:

What parent sends their kids to sleep over with a 46 year old person "suspected" of inappropriate behavior with children.
Debbie Rowe ?
I knew nothing about her or her ongoing non-relationship with MJ and their children until I stumbled on an article on her a couple weeks ago.

I was amazed to read that she "still loves" MJ and hasn't seen her kids in, what, years? Or ever spent the night at Jackson's house... or that she has said she considers her children a "gift" to MJ? (Although she's now fighting for visitation rights.)

This is one seriously damaged woman.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7673163/

There was a woman releasing a white dove with every 'not guilty' announcement. There were fans crying, hugging, calling people on their cell phones... I mean, come on! Would your life just not be the same if he was found guilty? I watched some of it because it was good TV, but until 'Scrubs' comes back on, that's what I have to do! I'm not going to say anything about MJ right now, but the fans that were there: puh-leese!!! And check that the dove lady has the legal right to hold those birds!

From what I have read and watched of the MJ trial, there was really no real proof. I don't see how a conviction could have stood. That does not mean he is actually innocent, nor does it mean that he is guilty. It just means that there was just not the evidence to convict.

I do feel it is obvious that the accusers mother is a money grabbing human with no values and I do hope they get nothing when they file the inevitable civil suit.

bbach

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

One of the things I admire about the US's and my country's democratic judicial system is that you are innocent until proven guilty, unlike Indonesia where it's the other way 'round.

MJ was found "not guilty" therefore, he is innocent. I know he's different but no-one here has the right to say that being found not guilty doesn't make him innocent. Put up the proof.

Originally posted by anyhorizon:

MJ was found "not guilty" therefore, he is innocent. I know he's different but no-one here has the right to say that being found not guilty doesn't make him innocent. Put up the proof.

You might have missed the point. Any trial, Michael's or otherwise, can only render a guilty or not guilty verdict. And no one can say for certain (from an outside perspective) that any person convicted by trial is 100% guilty, nor that any acquittal means 100% innocence.

This is a generic statement... it's not specific toward MJ.

- Jeff

Actually... Guilty or NOT PROVEN Guilty might be more accurate...

... then, MJ was NOT PROVEN to be guilty, this time. Innocent? Only He knows.

Músico, Productor, Ingeniero, Tecnólogo

Senior Product Manager, América Latina y Caribe - PreSonus

at Fender Musical Instruments Company

Instagram: guslozada

Facebook: Lozada - Música y Tecnología

www.guslozada.com

Being found not guilty does not mean one has been found innocent. It means they have been aquitted of the charges against them; not proven innocent.

As hard as it seems for some to swallow; the law is the law and Michael has been found not guilty.

Period.

Jotown:)

"It's all good: Except when it's Great"

That's what always kills me about these cases, celebrity or otherwise; people SWEAR they know what the truth is. I don't know, and I don't care. Would I let my kid go sleep over MJ's house? Heck no! Not in the Thriller days, nor now. You don't send your kid over anybody's house, unless it's a friends house (meaning same age friend), and most certainly not essentially a childless adult's house.

Sorry, but unless you were there, you can't say if he's innocent or guilty. You can speculate, but some humans obviously go WAY beyond speculating.

Peace

If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking 'til you do suck seed!

Archived