Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is without a doubt the best sports article I've ever read.

Ted, thanks a lot for this thread.

Here's to all people with special needs, their families and all their loving & caring friends! :thu::thu:

http://www.lexam.net/peter/carnut/man.gif

What do we want? Procrastination!

When do we want it? Later!

Wow. Major bawl-fest for me too. What's most amazing to me is how everyone including the other players supported this kid. Where I went to school, they probably would have just beat the crap out of him, and/or bitched out the coach for putting him in the game. :( Jocks are usually just merciless. That everybody was pulling for him says a LOT about that town.

There you go Theodore, making everyone cry. Darn you man! :cry:

As a side note, I took a bus load of special ed kids to Fargo for Special Olympics. They were wonderful. They all supported each other, they listened to instruction, they cleaned up their garbage after themselves, they worked so hard to be good at their event. They were good sports when they lost, they were so proud when they won. It was great.

The next week I took a bus load of high school "honor roll" students to Minneapolis for a "well earned" field trip. They behaved badly, made a total mess, wouldn't pick up after themselves, sassed every adult. One of them got caught shoplifting at the Mall of America. We had a heck of a time keeping the guys and girls from sneaking into each others rooms at bedtime. Half of them snuck outside the hotel for a cigarette every few minutes. What great children.

Honor students vs special students.

bbach

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Archived