Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: New Star Warz Moovie secret code...?

I&I been away from a while so forgive me if this has already been played through here but I've a question.

Is that a mis-spelling in the title? ;)

I'll admit, I've nevah actually seen one of these fims---even on TV!--- but my understanding was that there were to be 9 films in the series: the first 3, then a set of 3 "prequels" followed by another set of 3 sequels to finish the series.

Now the flack's that this one's the last.

Is that because the most recent couple got such negative stick? Lucas saw the diminishing finacial returns & pulled the plug?

What does that tell us about the actually story construction & design of the series?

Was there actually any sort of plot design or just pasting it up as they went along?

...& back to the title: ain't that last word mis-spelled?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by I & I mjrn:

Is that because the most recent couple got such negative stick? Lucas saw the diminishing finacial returns & pulled the plug?

Rumors about a total of 9 episodes have been around since at least Empire was released.

Lucas never had any intentions of filming any more than the prequals. From what I have read, Lucas wants to devote his time and resources to other films of a more experimental nature that he wants to do. Stuff he doesn't expect will be popular.

Besides, what more is there to tell in Star Wars? In Return of the Jedi, they killed off all of the bad guys, and the good guys win. There's no more story left to tell.

By the way, you could have posted this in the Star Wars thread that I already started. It would have helped me squeeze maybe a few more posts out of that thread. :D

Super 8

Hear my stuff here

Originally posted by Super 8:

From what I have read, Lucas wants to devote his time and resources to other films of a more experimental nature that he wants to do. Stuff he doesn't expect will be popular.

You mean like the last 3 Star Wars movies?? :D

Ooooohh, I baaaad.... ;)

Archived