Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Anyone going to this "Musicplayer Live Summit"?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, look at that excited response from the citizens of SSS!

Actually I think it could be very cool. The events that Bass Player has put on have always been very popular. I think the idea is to apply their formula across all the mags.

That and the East Coast Jam would be so much fun. However, with two kids taking out of state work we are going to help them move and we have a niece getting married in Portland this fall. Three trips on our own expense account is going to be plenty for us to handle.

bbach

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

This will be a very cool show for all types of musicians and recording professioanals. Here's some quick details so far: Les Paul will give a key note, many other well known and respected musicians will be there, there will be live music played and a show at NYC's Roseland, there will be many useful seminars and workshops, and the manufacturers that have already signed up to show off their gear and offer deals include: Korg, Roland, Apple, Mackie, EAW, St. Louis Music, Yamaha, Kaman, Adobe, Ashdown, Tascam, and others. Also, we have a new site launched now for the show with more details on it to follow:

http://www.musicplayerlive.com/section.asp?navcode=412

I hope many of you can make it.

Joe McDonough

Music Player Network

Hmmm....???

Well, you have the AES Convention in NYC two weeks earlier (7th-10th)...so, I dunno'...?

I'm only like 1.5 hours away from downtown NYC...maybe I'll make the trip twice in October...? :)

miroslav - miroslavmusic.com

"Just because it happened to you, it doesn't mean it's important."

AES is for dealers of pro audio gear to come and do some business. This show is for consumers of pro audio gear and all kinds of musical instruments to check out gear, get educated, and be entertained. So, they are two completely different events.

Joe McDonough

Music Player Network

Originally posted by mcdonough@musicplayer.com:

AES is for dealers of pro audio gear to come and do some business. This show is for consumers of pro audio gear and all kinds of musical instruments to check out gear, get educated, and be entertained. So, they are two completely different events.

Not sure I fully agree with you, Joe - at least, not as far as pro audio gear anyway.

Unlike NAMM, AES is open to the public. I would say that I do many more demos for end-users than for dealers (especially at the NY AES show). I don't really look at AES as a dealer show that much.

That being said, I'll probably do the Musicplayer Live thing with Dave Smith Instruments, even though it means having to go back to NYC within about 10 days of having been there. I do agree that it'll most likely have a different vibe than AES, even though there will obviously be some overlap.

I think it's going to be a way cool event, and I look forward to participating in it. :thu:

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Did the BassPlayerLive thing last year, mucho fun.(Thanks again to Mr. Bill Leigh! :) )

This also sounds like a must-do.

Peace,

wraub

I'm a lot more like I am now than I was when I got here.

Looks like a great event. The folks from TI:ME will be there I hear. Even though I need to be at AES in the same month, I'm going to try to make it. Gee, what can you do for two weeks in NYC? lol

Gary Garritan

Originally posted by Super 8:

Why don't they ever do anything in Chicago?

They used to. It was Summer NAMM.. that is, until McCormick Place decided to book another group into the space even though NAMM was there that week for a few years.

I remember news stating that NAMM had found a home, for a few years, in Nashville. They said the door would be open for a move back to Chicago in a few years, but they were happy in Nashville and it never happened. That was 15 years ago. :rolleyes:

NAMM finally moved the summer show, but to Indy and Austin on a rotating schedule. (Indy this year and Austin next year.)

Wish I could spare the time and money... :(

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Hey Dave, thanks for that clarification, I've been to five USA AES shows and never realized that they were open to the public. Is that true? I am so observant!!! Even still, MPL will have a much different vibe than AES, espcially since we will have all types of gear to check out, not just pro audio stuff (although with Mackie/EAW, Yamaha, Korg, Roland, Tascam, Apple, Roland,and others on board, pro audio will be well represented). MPL will also have seminars and workshops directed to entertaining and educating the musician and recording enthusiast, while AES has more stuff for dealers.

Also, things are good Phil. I was just listening to you on my iPod this morning (My Love Don't Bring me Presents). Sounds great. Hope all is well in sunny southern CA.

Joe McDonough

Music Player Network

Archived