Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

O.T. crazy frog

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This shit's going on all over the British Isles and probably the rest of Europe. About 5 years ago some Swedish guy recorded himself imitating a 2-strke motorbike on a computer. He later sold it as a cell phone ringtone. It's driving everyone mental - "ying da ding-ding-ding da da da ding-da-ding" etc. Now the bastards have released this abomination as a single which resides at No.1 in the British charts and is rapidly climbing the Irish charts. This is of course a fine reflection of the consummate taste of the record buying public in these parts. The basic premise is the "ying da da da ding" vocalisation mixed with a sample of the Beverly Hills Cop theme tune. Sweden gave us Bruce but this is unforgivable. :freak:

I guess Coldplay aren't too happy with that song either, it kept them from hitting #1 with their new single.

My favorite ringtone was done on the Blue Man Group concert tour: a chicken clucking. :thu:

Botch

"Eccentric language often is symptomatic of peculiar thinking" - George Will

www.puddlestone.net

It just goes to prove that a "song doesn't have to be cerebral or good" to appeal to the masses. "Stupid Sells" can be a good motto. Case in point...

Our band was playing a club one evening. There were some rather luscious looking young ladies on the dance floor. One comes up, sidles up to me, and coyly asks if we take requests. Hmmmm, what does this youngish lady want to hear?

THE FAWKING "CHICKEN DANCE"!!! :freak:

A dumbass polka that encourages dance floor participants to "flap their arms" like a chicken. :freak::freak:

"Stupid Sells".

Given the choice between Allan Holdsworth and Rick Dees' "Disco Duck"...most people will immediately opt for "Disco Duck". Remember, these are the "public" we, as musicians, are trying to pander to. These are the people we're wracking our brains out trying to please. These are the people we worry about whether our stuff is "good enough for their immaculate taste".

(Shakes head sadly...utters a "Lurch" like groan)

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

You were blessed with not hearing it while you were over here Ted! It also knocked Oasis off no 1. It's rare we get a decent song at number 1 over here nowadays (Tony Christie notwithstanding of course :D ).

Shars, sorry about my new avatar, but it had to be done :evil:

Fa Fa FA Fa fa fa fa fa FA fa FA FA

St Lucia was fantastic! But I've been unwell since getting back so you all got an extra week free of me ;)

Did I miss much??

I forgot you were on vaca...er, holiday...(forgive me), I was wondering whether you'd been snowed under at work.

Well, tell us all about it! Hope you get better quickly!

Yeah, plus, I've got to check on the other pics from over your way...the initial run were grainy as all getout. Haven't picked the rerun up yet.

It was a crazy weekend here... :eek:

I saw the thread about Ted's son and posted on it, congrats Ted!

I'll post some holiday pics when I get a chance to resize them. I'm ok now, had a headache from hearing the axel song one too many times :D

I'll post some holiday pics when I get a chance to resize them.

Picture number seventeen: Here's the aftermath (looking out the hotel window, down into the street) of the lobster pate that appears to have made me unwell.....The owner of the sedan was rather unamused....

Dr. Seuss: The Original White Rapper

WWND?

okay,....I love it when a real band hits #1 But actually it don't mean shit to me.

I've noticed in my 33 years on this earth that the masses are ignorant stupid people.

For Example,.. we have a word for the audiences at tv shows,...translated we call them applaude cattle,...

The top 40 here in the Netherlands is based on recordsales and who-ever gets the most tv and radio plays allmost allways sells the most records.

TV and radio plays shitty music so people will buy shitty records,.... Man I don't frikkin care..

In fact I wish I could come up with something ignorant,stupid and idiotic like that and sell millions of copies....

I'll take the money and run... especially now,... me and my family are having a very rough time and I would immediatly sell out to make my fortune.

If that works I'll buy a huge farm and start making music for people who really dig my stuff and give them shows and cds for free.

The whole media thingy is a Farce,...

Okay so a frog hit #1??? man I remember 30 years ago,... His granddad went #1 also.

Roger Clover - Love is all,.... I use to love that video when I was a kid,.. A frog with a Lute,.. now his granson is a frog doing Techno,...

This is a conspiracy,... The frogs are taking over this planet soon I guess,....

Fan, nu pissar jag taggtråd igen. Jag skulle inte satt på räpan.

http://www.bushcollectors.com

Originally posted by Tedster:

...Case in point...

Our band was playing a club one evening. There were some rather luscious looking young ladies on the dance floor. One comes up, sidles up to me, and coyly asks if we take requests. Hmmmm, what does this youngish lady want to hear?

THE FAWKING "CHICKEN DANCE"!!! :freak:

A dumbass polka that encourages dance floor participants to "flap their arms" like a chicken. :freak::freak: ...

Frankly, I'm surprised to hear your reaction to this request, Ted :eek:

Not that you should have the Chicken Dance in your repetoire, but I think it would've been hilarious if you could've pulled it off, just enough to placate them and give the whole place a good laugh at their expense.

The Chicken Dance is just plain fun. Of course it's childish. It's a child's dance, a la the Hokey-Pokey that people just love to have fun with.

I thought, your being a fan of the Animal Band and, I would guess, Trout Fishing In America, you'd realize there's a good place in entertainment for adults and children for The Chicken Dance.

It does not, however, belong at the top of the pop charts! :eek::freak:

I feel for you Brits regarding this frog thing.. :D

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Hey, if the "Bob the Builder" theme song (a dance remix of it, no less) can hit #1 in the UK, then why not the Crazy Frog/Axel F? I've always been amazed at how quickly the UK charts change compared to the U.S.

Archived