Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Your Are a G.A.S.oholic If..................

You rather spend an hour reading a Musicians Friend magazine [or any other one] than spending time reading a good book.

If.....Even if you don't have a job, you still have enough to buy waht you want :eek:

If.............

Jesus Is Coming, Make Music, Get Ready!

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Botch.:

Musician's Friend?!? People with class read the Sweetwater catalog... for the articles!

A G.A.Soholic will read anything that has gear in it! :P:D

And! That's why I said "any other" ;)

But, anyway, this thread is not about magazines ;)

Originally posted by ryst:

Sorry I am late to the party but what does GAS mean?

Gear Addiction Syndrome? Maybe? :freak::confused:

Gear Aquisition Syndrome...... ;)

If you get a date with a chick you are crazy for, you go out in the afternoon and tell her you have new strings to buy at the music shop and you spend 3 hours in the shop asking about everything you see there, while she's waiting out in the car...

Guess the Amp

.... now it's finished...

Here it is!

Originally posted by alfonso:

If you get a date with a chick you are crazy for, you go out in the afternoon and tell her you have new strings to buy at the music shop and you spend 3 hours in the shop asking about everything you see there, while she's waiting out in the car...

Uh oh.

My girlfriend is in Orlando this week for a medical convention and she invited me to fly out for the last few days, I told her I was trying to get my credit card balance down a bit.

Then one hour ago I order a new soprano saxophone! :eek::eek::eek:

Ahshit, now I've done it. :(

Botch

"Eccentric language often is symptomatic of peculiar thinking" - George Will

www.puddlestone.net

Mr. Botch, you in da doghouse now! :cry:

=================

Regarding the topic...

I guess you're a gasaholic if you've got a pile of music equipment catalogs as your 'library' sitting on the back of your toilet.

Maybe you could be a gasaholic if you've got closets full of old equipment that you've never bothered selling because you figure that one day... some day... you just might use it again.

I'm probably a gasaholic because if it comes down to spending $500 on clothes vs. spending $500 on music equipment, I don't think twice about buying the equipment. But I just can't seem to be happy spending $500 Dollars... that's FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS!!! :eek: on clothes. WTF? ;)

But I KNOW I'm a gasaholic because when I buy something new for my studio, I cover the little blinky lights with electrical tape. A few months later when the wife finds out and asks me about my new purchase I can say "Oh no... that OLD STUFF? I've had that FOREVER!" :D

Is There Gas In The Car? :cool:

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Uh oh.

My girlfriend is in Orlando this week for a medical convention and she invited me to fly out for the last few days, I told her I was trying to get my credit card balance down a bit.

Then one hour ago I order a new soprano saxophone! :eek::eek::eek:

Yep..."GAShohoholic"! :D

Originally posted by Philip O'Keefe:

...if you're willing to eat Kraft Mac & Cheese and ramen noodles for a month in order to have the dough to get something new, you may have a G.A.S. problem. ;)

My wife says That I rather buy a mic than buy underwear... :eek:

Originally posted by Wooden:

I see many people here saying things about catalogs, its a relief for me, i have been reading the weetwater catalog many times, at least i am not the only one.

Nope, you are not the only one, I have some behind the toilet in a basket, some in my studio and some in my truck, ONe in my wifes car, when she's driving I'm reading for the 100th time :D

Archived