Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

any problems with godaddy domain names now?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I use Godaddy for two sites and they're both up and running fine. Perhaps it's a problem with the server itself. Call Godaddy or the host, whoever that is.

If it's the site from the link in your sig, it seems to be working fine.

Same time ZONE as me Lee.

Anyway, I have been with the same webhost for a few years now, and he almost encouraged me to buy my own server a few days ago when I asked him if his prices were still competitive. I also noticed that godaddy has crazy prices for virtual servers. Under $30 per month for 10gb and 500gb bandwidth.

Anyone here bought a virtual server from godaddy??? How do you like it?

Dan

Matter of fact I'm just now working on my first Godaddy hosted site... a client just signed up for virtual server hosting with them.

I was a bit disappointed with the lack of communication on their part, as far as the information I needed (server names and so on) to start working on the site as a developer. This may not be an issue for you if you aren't doing any programming or database management.

The host that I use and recommend to others is phpwebhosting . $9.95 a month for 500mb (more at no charge if you need it) and unmetered bandwidth. I have had about as little downtime as humanly possible, and everything has been very easy to administer myself without having to get them to do it (in spite of the fact that I'm a developer and often have special requirements) - they will even give you shell access if you ask for it.

They have also responded almost immediately to any support emails I have sent - even at 2 AM on a Sunday. I've been pretty impressed with them!

Hmm... are you able to get to your web site using its IP address?

Yes, through FTP. Lee I'm already familiar with the Plesk control panel. I use it to administer my domains. Godaddy only charges an additional $5 a month for Plesk installed on the server. It is a bit easier than just plain command line (terminal) access.

Dan

Well phpwebhosting has its own control panel, it's not Plesk but it's similar and it's very easy. You CAN have shell access if you need it, which you probably wouldn't. Even I don't need it all that often.

Sounds like a DNS is screwed up somewhere. You might contact your web host AND your ISP (if they are different) and let them know, it is likely their problem and not Godaddy, but you might let Godaddy know also.

Archived