Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Studio monitors, which one??

I've used Monitor Ones for, what, 7 years more or less, and have gotten great, satisfying results from them. The only other monitors I've mixed on whose results please me (and others) are mid-field Genelecs. Peace
If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking 'til you do suck seed!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote]Originally posted by S_Gould: [b]So Dave, as long as you made an appearance - did that shipment get in yet? It's been a couple of weeks since I called, can't wait to get my hands, er, um ears on them. Scott[/b][/quote] Yes sir - both yours and Ted's have already been sent out to each of you. dB This message has been edited by Dave Bryce on 08-18-2001 at 11:40 AM

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

[b]I noticed that the S2-A's are linear on the bottom down to 35 Hz, while the S3-A's are linear down to 32 Hz. The S2-A's seem to be about 1 dB less efficient (87 dB @ 1 W / 1 M vs 88 dB 1 W / 1 M for the S3-A's) and the S3-A's have an additional power amp (for the extra LF driver?).[/b] Correct. The S3-As are actually tri-amped. One handles 32Hz - 150Hz, the other woofer handles 150Hz - 1.8 kHz, and the ribbon handles 1.8kHz - 35kHz. Additionally, it should be noted that the woofers are mirrored. I prefer the lower woofers on the inside, but there is no right way to set them up - it's entirely a matter of taste. If you put them vertically, I am told that putting the lower woofer on the bottom is preferable. [b]Other than that, would you say that they [i]sound[/i] similar?[/b] Yes. The ribbon is identical, and the woofer is the same size as the ones in the S3A. The S3As do sound bigger, though... I'll bring 'em both to you like I promised, and you can judge for yourself. dB This message has been edited by Dave Bryce on 08-18-2001 at 11:53 AM

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

i mix with mine landscape with the low-low on the inside. i have listened to a lot of material with them vertical as well with the low low on the bottom. both ways sound fantastic. im not sure if i can really tell much of a difference and like both ways. right now they happen to be landscape.

alphajerk

FATcompilation

"if god is truly just, i tremble for the fate of my country" -thomas jefferson

Hey Wiggum, how are those PS8's? Considering getting a pair. Was gonna go with KRK V6 but looking for a better bass. Need to do some amount of dance mixing. CANNOT get to audition monitors, and I know it's all subjective. But did you hear the KRK's v6 0r v8. How do they compare to the PS8'S! Peace!!
I could, but I shouldn't, I can but I won't. Bite Me!!!

Carvin seems to have a pair of cheap nearfields now. $300 a pair!? "The new SRS Studio Reference Series Monitor is a top-of-the-line near-field monitor." [url=http://www.carvin.com/cgi-bin/get.exe?PAGE=detail&CFG=2&SearchStr=(I.ItemNumber='SRS65-2')+AND+(CID2='SYS3')]SRS6.5[/url] This message has been edited by dr destructo on 08-19-2001 at 03:06 AM

Archived