Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Tedster:

Alright! See what happens when you add fiber to your diet!!!

OH...you said MP3...

Never mind...

gives a whole new meaning to the term gasser :D
0096 2251 2110 8105

MP3's really are great for musicians and engineers. With my band, whenever one of us has a new song we can make a demo, send an MP3 to the other band members and they'll already have a jump on learning the song by the next time we rehearse!

Or if I'm working on a mix or have just laid down a guitar track and need somebody's input about something I did... voila! Send 'em an MP3!

Yeah, they're pretty convenient and you can send 'em around like .jpgs - just attach 'em to your email and send it winging across the world in just a few seconds...

We've been able to work on mixes and album covers this way - also the way that Lee mentions. Very quick.

Originally posted by Bruce Swedien:

I wish you could see me when I make an MP3 from a CD with my MusicPlayer Forums step-by-step intructions in front of me! You would all be proud!

Thanks again!

Bruce Swedien

You're all right in my book, Bruce. I like folks who can poke a little fun at themselves. It's especially nice when they've got a long list of accomplishments that might otherwise be intimidating.

:)

now you could be interested in something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0001YN7DC/qid=1116891936/sr=8-7/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i3_xgl147/002-5383341-3183251?v=glance&s=pc&n=507846

Hi MD are 1 GB disc, of data/music. You can use it as portable 1 GB storage media or you could fit many mp3 in various discs and hear your favorite music where ever you are. I think the devices are great, more flexible than a iPod i think, and much more cheaper.

A major convenience for my team is that we all oddly enough use Apple computers. So we have no issues when sharing files. For the next record I was actually thinking of purchasing iPods for everyone and that way we can all have a folder on our iPods to access what we need for the next record. How cool is it that we can all share music in such an easy manner?

I just joined the iPod nation and cannot believe I waited this long.

Word. I felt the same way.

One thing I like about my iPod is that I can load my VO and music demos in it, and have them at ready disposal whilst schmoozing.

I've upped my standards; now, up yours.

Rabid sez--------->Gezzzz Bruce. Catch up. All of the cool people have moved to wma and aac. Dude, mp3 is so 2004. Golly wizz. Like, get real.

Brucie sez--------->I'm still tryin' to get to the year 2000! Don't worry about me!

Brucie the Viking!!!!

Just did an interview with DJ Colette. She collaborates a lot with people who live remotely, so they exchange lots of MP3s back and forth for preproduction. She says it saves her a huge amount of time when they all go into the studio to do the actual recording.

I asked if she felt that doing online remote collaboration affected the quality of the writing process, but she said one of her favorite songs on the album was done that way.

I just an MP3 collaboration with Dr. Walker over in Germany, he wanted vocals for a track. I was able to do a two-day turnaround on two songs! Sure beats fed ex!!

Bruce, be careful. The more you get involved in this stuff, the more you use it...but don't worry, if you EVER say "MP3s sound just as good as WAV and AIFF files," we'll send the SSS posse around for an intervention!

Originally posted by Anderton:

Bruce, be careful. The more you get involved in this stuff, the more you use it...but don't worry, if you EVER say "MP3s sound just as good as WAV and AIFF files," we'll send the SSS posse around for an intervention!

The thing is most folks can't tell the difference out in non-musicmakin land. We're the only ones concerned about that! :)
Down like a dollar comin up against a yen, doin pretty good for the shape I'm in

Extreme Mixing sez--------->Next thing you know, you'll have an iPod...

Steve

Brucie sez--------->NO!!! NO!!!! Not an ipod! (They're pretty nice though aren' they?)

Brucie the Viking!!!!!

Like I said, a Hi MD minidisc would be better :)

Originally posted by the stranger:...I still think cassette sounded better than MP3. /QB]
MP3s sound lots better with older, unclipped material. In fact they are one of the best reasons for insisting on high resolution audio today because it deteriorates less!

Originally posted by Wooden:

now you could be interested in something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0001YN7DC/qid=1116891936/sr=8-7/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i3_xgl147/002-5383341-3183251?v=glance&s=pc&n=507846

Hi MD are 1 GB disc, of data/music. You can use it as portable 1 GB storage media or you could fit many mp3 in various discs and hear your favorite music where ever you are. I think the devices are great, more flexible than a iPod i think, and much more cheaper.

]Now we need to learn how to make links shorter :)

I DON"T HAVE A 27" SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNN!!! :mad::mad::D

Jesus Is Coming, Make Music, Get Ready!

Brucie sez--------->NO!!! NO!!!! Not an ipod! (They're pretty nice though aren' they?)

Brucie the Viking!!!!! [/QB]

In an embarassing moment, you could always say that you needed the portable hard drive space.

In non-critical listening environment, they sound quite good. Not exactly high end converters though.

I think for an engineer it's like mixing for radio, or TV, or film. One needs to have a good understanding of what the format is going to do to your sound, so that you can mix to it. Mp3 is how many people are hearing their music, so you've gotta go there with them. I had an adapter installed into my car radio so I can plug my iPod in there too.

Steve

Extreme Mixing sez---------->I think for an engineer it's like mixing for radio, or TV, or film. One needs to have a good understanding of what the format is going to do to your sound, so that you can mix to it. Mp3 is how many people are hearing their music, so you've gotta go there with them. I had an adapter installed into my car radio so I can plug my iPod in there too.

Steve

Brucie sez------->Now you are making sense! I do love my Auratones for that very purpose though!

(Come closer.... Speak in a hushed whisper - Don't tell anyone, especially on the Forum... I LOVE my MP3's!!!)

Bruce Swedien

LOL....We need a redux of "Dire Straits Money for nothing", but replace the lyrics...with "I love my Emm Peee threeeeeee!!!" 1Boom pomp pom pom pooom pomp pump poom baaa baaaaaa da baddddd da daasaaaa! 1.... :]

Bill Roberts Precision Mastering

-----------Since 1975-----------

Archived