Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Green Day American Idiot Drums!

This album is a GREAT reference for getting your rock drums in the ballpark, if you like that ballpark that is.

I know they've probably time corrected and replaced them to death but I'll tell ya, they sound amazing.

Doe anyone have the scoop on their creation?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never got into them other than hearing their hits through the years and digging them, but not enough to buy an album.

Then I heard some stuff off this new one and I'm floored. You're right about the whole album sounding good but man... those drums!

I've seen Green Day live on a number of occasions. They sound GREAT live! The drummer sounds good, and plays well. The whole band is tight. I'm sure there were some production tricks used on their latest album, but I don't think the drummer needed any time correction. He could drive a clock.

For one particular show, I know for a fact that they were using the sound company supplied FOH engineer, and they still sounded great. When you start with a great sound, it can't be too hard to create a nice sounding final project.

Yes, there's bass in the caR-R-R-R-R

Originally posted by Is there bass in the caR-R-R-R-R?:

I've seen Green Day live on a number of occasions. They sound GREAT live! The drummer sounds good, and plays well. The whole band is tight. I'm sure there were some production tricks used on their latest album, but I don't think the drummer needed any time correction. He could drive a clock.

God, that's great to hear. If he...Tre Cool(?) really plays and sounds like that then shiver me timbers matey... you rock!

Archived