Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: No 3rd season of "Chapelle Show"

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Man, now what's Charlie Murphy gonna do for money!?

Seriously, what the f*ck with the candles? Where does this candle impulse come from, and in what other profession does it get expressed?

-steve albini

Originally posted by gearmike:

Man, now what's Charlie Murphy gonna do for money!?

Charlie has been hitting the comedy club circuit performing with the other cast members from the show. They were at Rascals in NJ a few weeks ago.

Live 6, Battery 3, Project 5, Atmosphere, Albino 2, Minimoog V, Oddity, Nord 2X, Proteus 2K

***I can't play for sh*t, but I can sequence like a muthaf*ck*r***

I saw Dave Chapelle do stand up in Des Moines when he was on his comedy tour. He said that doing the Dave Chapelle show has been very hard on his personal life and when his tour stopped in El Paso, Texas he thought about escaping into Mexico to start a new life. I guess it really must me hard for him now!

It seems like all the great comedians have a lot of personal struggle. Richard Pryor attempted suicide, Lenny Bruce commited suicide. Woody Allen is the poster boy for neurotic humor. Maybe it's the depressive side that comes first and making comedy is a coping mechanism.

I don't want to end this post on a sour note. So I'd like to ask "What happened next?"

"Then Prince served us pancakes"- Charlie Murphy

Just saw a bit on the Today show. He is in South Africa on a spiritual quest. He was freaking out over deadline pressure for the season beginning May 31.

A rep from Time magazine said that he would return eventually and the issue was quality vs deadline.

Jotown:)

"It's all good: Except when it's Great"

Originally posted by Bbach of Bismarck, son of Peter:

Oh the pressures of success. ...

...One of the things that happens when people make the leap from a certain amount of money to tens of millions of dollars is that the people around you dramatically change. -Chapelle
http://www.time.com/time/arts/article/0,8599,1061415,00.html?cnn=yes

Originally posted by lrossmusic:

Originally posted by Bbach of Bismarck, son of Peter:

Oh the pressures of success. ...

...One of the things that happens when people make the leap from a certain amount of money to tens of millions of dollars is that the people around you dramatically change. -Chapelle
http://www.time.com/time/arts/article/0,8599,1061415,00.html?cnn=yes
Too true.

The thing I picked up on in that article was that he was questioning himself, and those around him were too quick to say "oh, your doing great!!!"

I think he's brilliant, and he's right to slow himself down if he feels that those around him are just glad-handing to keep the gravy train rolling.

• 1 month later...

There was a blurb on CNN.com. The honcho at Comedy Central seems ok with everything, since their ratings are still good, and they have other new stuff in the pipeline.

I'm guessing he has a good lawyer telling him he has a signed contract that he can wield like a club. Don't look for any Chappelle movies or albums until the the Comedy Central show is back in action.

Archived