Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

You are not going to believe this...

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Several states, including California, are passing legislation to make this illegal. It was all over the So Cal news a few weeks ago.

Wait until some poor maintenance worked walks the grounds and becomes an Internet target! The courts will have a field day/year with it!

"It's all about the... um-m-m, uh-h-h..."

Originally posted by Lee Knight:

Originally posted by Slowly (AKA Kcb:

Seems okay to me, but not something I would do. What's so bad about it? Kcbass

Whoa.
Sorry Lee, I don't get it. You can control a gun by remote control to shoot paper targets. What's wrong with that? Or go to their ranch to shoot animals. Kcbass

P.S. I only shoot animals with my Nikon so I'd never see their place.

"Let It Be!"

Well to each his own I guess, although the animals probably feel different. It feels wrong to me. I think they're saying you can kill animals remotely too...

I'm no tree hugger, but I'd say this crosses the line.

I was thinking of mounting one of those rigs in the back of my truck and driving around on the freeways here in LA...

Seriously, what the f*ck with the candles? Where does this candle impulse come from, and in what other profession does it get expressed?

-steve albini

It's going to be a live animal computer hunt on the property, within the perimeter.

"Once this and the perimeter fencing are completed, will we be able to offer a unique computer assisted hunting opportunity. Disabled and handicapped hunters, as well as others who would like to try this type of hunting, will be able to use our system. This is offered in addition to the traditional hunting methods that will be available at the ranch."

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

Why not just by a $50 video game?

The experience isn't much different-

You sit at a computer

You use the mouse to aim and shoot stuff

You can't eat what you've shot

Dr. Seuss: The Original White Rapper

WWND?

I just thought of something that would be more fun than this:

2 or more ppl with an R/C car and a paintball gun (each) in a parking lot.

Drive your car with one hand (hard)

Try to shoot other ppl's cars with your other hand (also hard)

If done right, or with the right body mods, you can set it up where the RC car flips over when hit. Last one driving wins.

charge em up, reload, do it again.

Dr. Seuss: The Original White Rapper

WWND?

I think that what this does is further remove the hunter from the reality of killing.

I have nothing against traditional hunting. In fact, I believe it's more honest to kill what you eat yourself than buy it cleanly wrapped at the grocery store.

But the idea of blowing away a deer for real and then turning around in your seat to watch a football game is abhorrent. No need to look at what you've done close up, no need to get bloody, no connection whatsoever to your prey. It reduces live beings to video game fodder.

"You never can vouch for your own consciousness." - Norman Mailer

It's going to be a live animal computer hunt on the property, within the perimeter.
But the idea of blowing away a deer for real and then turning around in your seat to watch a football game is abhorrent. No need to look at what you've done close up, no need to get bloody, no connection whatsoever to your prey. It reduces live beings to video game fodder.
Those are the parts I don't like. Kind of a mixed bag for myself because I'm a die hard bass fisherman. Catch and release in the norm in that sport. Kcbass

"Let It Be!"

My initial reaction was much like Gabriel's. It turns killing into a computer game: "Just killed an antelope with a mouse-click...now I'm gonna check my email."

I've never hunted for game before but I have shot in a range at paper targets. Seems to me, aiming is only part of the skill of shooting. Keeping the weapon steady before shooting is half of the skill, IMO. This is done for you with the mount they're using to hold the rifle.

Killing live things with a mouse click doesn't seem like the way us human beings should be heading towards. They should just stick to paper targets.

aka riffing

Double Post music: Strip Down

http://rimspeed.com

http://loadedtheband.com

I'm all for responsible hunting. The kind where you get your gear, learn proper gun safety, go out to the woods, get drunk and shoot a farmer's cow...no...wait, scratch that...

Seriously, I'm in favor of responsible hunting...but this is killing for the sake of killing. That's not right. If you want to go hunting, learn proper gun safety, learn about the game you're hunting, learn how to take the shot that kills instantly rather than these bozos that try to take too long a shot and wound the animal.

If you want to shoot animals from your computer, buy a hunting video game.

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

If it was just shooting at paper targets, I'd have no problems with this. Hunting isn't my thing; I believe that you should use the animal you kill completely. This means tanning the hide and eating the meat. You can't do that over the internet. The handicapped hunter aspect of it is interesting. Do they send you the animal after it's dead? You probably have the option of getting the head mounted, I'd think.

I went to a 300 yard high-power rifle match not too long ago, and it's not very easy to hit a 18" target at that range. The target is about as wide as the front sight of the rifle, wind has a major effect on where the bullet strikes the target, and you use muscles you didn't even know you had. I was sore for a whole week. :freak:

BlueStrat

a.k.a. "El Guapo" ;)

...Better fuzz through science...

http://geocities.com/teleman28056/index.html

Originally posted by phaeton:

Why not just by a $50 video game?

The experience isn't much different-

You sit at a computer

You use the mouse to aim and shoot stuff

You can't eat what you've shot

They sell hunting games on CD ROM and for Playstation, IIRC.

Most of the hunters I know go and sit in a tree stand and wait for a buck or doe to show up. Doesn't sound very sporting or exciting to me.

BlueStrat

a.k.a. "El Guapo" ;)

...Better fuzz through science...

http://geocities.com/teleman28056/index.html

If you are interested in one of these or possibly another species not listed, contact us and well be glad to assist you in providing the chance at the trophy of you dreams.
This has nothing to do with getting food on the table.

Evil stuff.

http://www.lexam.net/peter/carnut/man.gif

What do we want? Procrastination!

When do we want it? Later!

Archived