Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Possible EBAY scam for a Manley Massive Passive!!!

Ebay Massive Passive

Item location: Macedon, NY, United States

Start time: May-04-05 15:25:16 PDT

The Massive Passive is an artist's EQ, an EQ that doesn't sound like an EQ. It's a two channel, four band equalizer, with additional high pass and low pass filters. With the Massive Passive you can add totally natural and "organic" sounding timbres to your overall sound, subtly sweetening or shading audio to achieve the desire effect. The amount of control you get is amazing, while the sound remains completely natural. The great performance of the Massive Passive is due to its special design. The Manley Massive Passive includes: Manual & Power cord in original box and packing.

Serial Number: MSMP001

Model Number: Massive Passive

Dimensions: 18" x 23" x 10"

Weight: 28 LB

"This unit was the first one produced"

SERIAL# 001!!!

Pro Audio market Place Massive Passive

Item location: Texas, united States

Start Time: May 3

"This unit was the first one produced"

SERIAL# 001!!! $4000.00 The Massive Passive is an artist's EQ, an EQ that doesn't sound like an EQ. It's a two channel, four band equalizer, with additional high pass and low pass filters. With the Massive Passive you can add totally natural and "organic" sounding timbres to your overall sound, subtly sweetening or shading audio to achieve the desire effect. The amount of control you get is amazing, while the sound remains completely natural. The great performance of the Massive Passive is due to its special design. The Manley Massive Passive includes: Manual & Power cord in original box and packing.

Serial Number: MSMP001

Looks like a major scam to me... IMO

The first massive passive was posted on the 3rd at Pro Audio Market Place. The second a day later (4th) on Ebay. Both items have the serial number MSMP001. One seller is in Texas, the other in New York.

Both posts might or might not be related. One could be legit, or both could be fake. Who knows. But IMO I would assume that the Ebay is for sure fake since it was posted a day after the ad was posted on Pro Audio Market Place. The seller has 0 feedback, only accepts money orders and cashier checks. I bet you anything the Ebay seller uses a PO Box.

Maybe if you all could look on other pro audio sites that sells used gear, we might be able to find more ads for this same massive passive.

I am contacting all the bidders of the auction and will give them this link to inform them of a possible scam.

"Without music, life would be a journey through a desert"

I'm just a low frequency 2nd harmonic kind of guy :P

"He's not afraid of your judgements he knows of horrors worse than your hell, he's a little bit afraid of dying but he's alot more afraid of your lying"

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lynn Fuston posted a thread about a previous attempt to scam someone using a Manley product after they used his picture in the posting. Even so, the poster (from a suspect address in London, UK) continued to try to post his auction despite Eveanna contacting Ebay to tell them this could not possibly be a real auction as the serial number did not match the item listed.

I'd bet this is the same dumba**. I hope they stop messing around, track this moron and have him arrested.

Ahh.. the other, seemier side of the internet. :rolleyes:

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Archived