Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

avalon 747, anyone use this gear, I am buying it

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I've told you before Wayne, I deal with other people as the need dictates, and their activities in no way excuse yours. I expressly told you to ignore anything that bothered you from another poster, and that if you felt it was bad enough, you could PM me and I would address it if I felt it was warranted. You have chosen to ignore those instructions, and you have instead perpetuated an argumentative and confrontational approach to things.

You can't control what others say and do, but you do need to be responsible for your own words and actions. You have shown me that you're incapable of doing that, and instead you'd rather point the finger at everyone else. I'LL DEAL WITH THEM, right now I'm dealing with YOU. I'm really sorry it had to come to this, but again, the choice was yours to make.

Goodbye Wayne.

No Wayne, I'm not your boss. Just a moderator. You decided to place yourself under the authority of the moderators and follow the site rules when you signed up for membership on this site, and you've shown me that you're not willing or capable of doing so.

So be it.

PS Everyone else (moderators and admins excepted) PLEASE stay out of this and let me handle it.

Thank you.

I own an Avalon 737sp and I think it is a great unit. The pre-amp is world class. The compressor is ok if you keep the ratio small (2/1 to 4/1 max, more than that sounds crappy) the EQ is very cool once you get the hang of it, and it can really do magic on a bass guitar.

You have to like the sound of it, and what it does to a signal, and it helps if you have used other high end pre's to compare it to.

Jotown:)

"It's all good: Except when it's Great"

Originally posted by Jotown:

The compressor is ok if you keep the ratio small (2/1 to 4/1 max, more than that sounds crappy)

This is true of the AD2044 as well. Any more than 3:1 sounds like a mashed steamy pile. I can't remember the last time I used over 2:1 to be perfectly honest. Up til then, though, it sounds fantastic! :thu:

Cheers!

Spencer

"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way....BRUTALLY!!!!"

Originally posted by Spencer Crewe:

The compressor is ok if you keep the ratio small (2/1 to 4/1 max, more than that sounds crappy)

This is true of the AD2044 as well. Any more than 3:1 sounds like a mashed steamy pile. I can't remember the last time I used over 2:1 to be perfectly honest. Up til then, though, it sounds fantastic! :thu:

Cheers!

Spencer

Whenever this unit comes up in discussion I always hear a few people bash it because of the compressor, which really cracks me up because it's a mic pre with a compressor and an EQ on board.

2/1 is how I use it most of the time, just for a little gain reduction. You can always squeeze the crap out of the signal latter if you choose.

Like every piece of gear I have ever owned; it does some things well, and some things not so much. The mic pre sounds great for certain things.

Jotown:)

"It's all good: Except when it's Great"

Cheers!

Spencer

Whenever this unit comes up in discussion I always hear a few people bash it because of the compressor, which really cracks me up because it's a mic pre with a compressor and an EQ on board.

2/1 is how I use it most of the time, just for a little gain reduction. You can always squeeze the crap out of the signal latter if you choose.

Like every piece of gear I have ever owned; it does some things well, and some things not so much. The mic pre sounds great for certain things.

I was referring to the 2044. I have no idea what the 747 sounds like...

Cheers!

Spencer

"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way....BRUTALLY!!!!"

Archived