Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Congratulations to Charles and Camilla

:)

They wanted to get together back in 1970, the way I heard it, but let themselves be talked out of it. I, for one, think they should have followed their hearts.

And now here they've wound up together anyway, all these years later. It's a funny world.

Congratulations to the both of them from this old Florida hippie.

:)

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep he was there as himself ;)

He was there I guess as a representative of a charity or something.

My local newspaper had a cartoon of Camilla eating her bocquet (i.e. the horse reference as people feels she looks like one).

The wedding was covered by three TV stations down here, and the one I watched ran a documentary in the parts of the wedding where camera weren't allowed: the doco replayed all the Camilla-gate tapes from years ago where Charles told Camilla over the phone he wanted to be a tampon so he could be near her always (I kid you not). Very tasteful :freak:

The picture on today's front page had me laughing hard, though...

I mean, c'mon...Prince Charles really is Wallace, of Wallace and Grommit fame. Pardon the scan quality, but one look at this picture just gives it away, no?

http://homepage.mac.com/echohaus/.Pictures/Wallace.jpg

I've upped my standards; now, up yours.

Originally posted by offramp:

The picture on today's front page had me laughing hard, though...

I mean, c'mon...Prince Charles really is Wallace, of Wallace and Grommit fame. Pardon the scan quality, but one look at this picture just gives it away, no?

http://homepage.mac.com/echohaus/.Pictures/Wallace.jpg

Until he speaks. Wallace has a strong regional accent; Charlie-boy speaks terribly posh. And Wallace is an endearing character, - not so our Chuck. But I agree, they must be distantly related :)

Big Hat. No Cattle.

http://www.theshrinks.com/

Originally posted by lakeside studios:

Until he speaks. Wallace has a strong regional accent; Charlie-boy speaks terribly posh. And Wallace is an endearing character, - not so our Chuck. But I agree, they must be distantly related :)
Work with me, here...
I've upped my standards; now, up yours.

ROFLMAO :D

That is one of the funniest things I have seen in a long time!!!!

http://mario.lapam.mo.it/Wallace-and-Gromit/images/Wallace-and-Gromit-01.jpg

Most of us over here couldn't care less, best of luck to them, but I don't want to hear about every little detail!

Fa Fa FA Fa fa fa fa fa FA fa FA FA

Originally posted by Base:

ROFLMAO :D

That is one of the funniest things I have seen in a long time!!!!

http://mario.lapam.mo.it/Wallace-and-Gromit/images/Wallace-and-Gromit-01.jpg

Most of us over here couldn't care less, best of luck to them, but I don't want to hear about every little detail!

Agreed. My day is still quite complete if I don't hear about them. I hope they're finally happy - so now they can F*CK OFF & disappear!!!! They are more than welcome to run off into the ether and have the ugliest sex in history! :D

Hmmm, am I being too polite? :P

Cheers!

Spencer

"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way....BRUTALLY!!!!"

Originally posted by Spencer Crewe:

They're are more than welcome to run off into the ether and have the ugliest sex in history! :D

Would One give One one?

- Charles to Camilla on their wedding night :D

Exactly how I feel!

It's funny how people from elsewhere in the world seem to take interest in these kinda things much more than we do.

The Royal family are good for tourism and for the charity work they do, that's about it.

Newspapers report that whilst Camilla is delighted to wed Charles, she has declined the Queen's offer of a weekend in Paris with a car and driver.
There are two theories about arguing with a woman. Neither one works.

If they'd just do their jobs and be ambassadorial, etc, they'd probably be a lot more popular, it's just they have to give their opinion on everything nowadays and conduct every little aspect of their lives in public that bugs everyone. Did we ever hear much from the Queen Mum?? Nope, so she was wildly popular :P

Does anyone have any quotes from the Duke of Edinburgh from the weekend, he usually says something that is good or a laugh :D

Originally posted by flyscots:

It's funny how people from elsewhere in the world seem to take interest in these kinda things much more than we do.

Wrong! :wave: My wife's from Dorset County England and she cares a great deal. I'm from San Diego and don't give a squat. If my wife reads this she will RE-inform me of the important role the Royals play in Britain. :bor:

I imagine Brits living overseas care more about it than those of us still here, I'll probably be contradicted tho :P

They played a very important role in British History, not so sure about now tho...

Wherabouts in Dorest Lee??

It seems the "Old World" (3rd and others) still destroy themselves the old-fashioned way. They respect themselves but fight each other.

The Western World will simply destroy themselves out of self loathing. Why does popular "culture" (if you want to call it that) love to hate themselves? Aren't the 1960's over yet?

It's a rhetorical question, so I don't need it answered. The only consolation to the Pope and the Royals is that people aren't ripping on the USA for at least a week or so. Perhaps the cynicism is proportionately shared.

Out of old-fashioned respect, I hope they are happy. To everyone else, I have no idea what to tell you. :D

I imagine Brits living overseas care more about it than those of us still here, I'll probably be contradicted tho :P

They played a very important role in British History, not so sure about now tho...

Wherabouts in Dorest Lee??

She was raised in Bournemouth. I saw it fopr the first time last winter. I loved the New Forest.

Very nice area, I have friends there. Camped in the New Forest last year and managed to get us totally lost in the middle of nowhere, great fun :D

It's not straightforward at all. Charles, when King (assuming the Queen will actually die), would be head of the Church of England. Now both Charles and Camilla are divorcees and therefore they could not be married in Westminster Abbey or St Pauls. Thus, being the head of a church that he could not marry in is somewhat hypocritical and frankly ridiculous. It really is a mess. Either the Royal family should disassociate themselves with the church of England or he simply should not have married. Tough maybe, but this is what comes of being a royal.
"We will make you bob your head whether you want to or not". - David Sisk

Originally posted by Davo-London:

It's not straightforward at all. Charles, when King (assuming the Queen will actually die), would be head of the Church of England. Now both Charles and Camilla are divorcees and therefore they could not be married in Westminster Abbey or St Pauls. Thus, being the head of a church that he could not marry in is somewhat hypocritical and frankly ridiculous. It really is a mess. Either the Royal family should disassociate themselves with the church of England or he simply should not have married. Tough maybe, but this is what comes of being a royal.

What good does it do anyone in reality, though, for Prince Charles to deny his own true happiness just for the sake of form and ceremony?

To whom does he owe a life of denied fulfilment?

Seems a straightforward question to me.

Originally posted by TrancedelicBlues:

What good does it do anyone in reality, though, for Prince Charles to deny his own true happiness just for the sake of form and ceremony?

To whom does he owe a life of denied fulfilment?

Seems a straightforward question to me.

"Form and Ceremony" are basically what the Royalty is all about. Beyond that they have nothing else and are toothless.

That being said, I say let them get married. Camilla will forever be in the shadow of Diana, whether she likes it or not. Camilla may be Chucky's darling - but Diana was/is the world's (myself excluded - I couldn't give two flying "fornications" about it. I'm just passing on what I'm inundated with by the 'media').

Cheer-io!

Spencer

"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way....BRUTALLY!!!!"

Father, I have met someone and fallen in love. I have found the woman I want to have an affair with when I get married...

- Harry introducing his girlfriend to Charles :D

All Charles had to do was not get divorced and wait a couple of years and there would have been no problems (constitutionally) anyway :rolleyes:

Archived