Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

TC Electronics---PowerCore For The Road?---PowerCore Compact

I see TC Electronic has some kind of PowerCore product that is in nice little portable box that hooks up via firewire. TC also has a Vox AC 30 plug that runs on it. The PowerCore Compact has 2 150Mhz Motorola DSPs abd one 266 PowerPC chip.

Now if only UA and TC could get together, and figure out a way to have both in one portable box...plus allow 3rd party plugs...then you'd have a cool portable studio for the road.

Maybe they could use the new Wavefront Semi Dice 2 chip I've been hearing so much about.

Does anybody know more about this? Anybody hear a demo?

Here's one link.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/PowerCoreCom/

Now what would be really cool is to have the UA pre's, eqs, comps, and the TC verbs in an 8-in and 8-out config, with an additional 8 headphone outs plus 3 monitor outs (2 stereo and 1 mono) Then you could record 8 people at the same time, have 3 different speaker set ups (2 stereo and 1 mono) and maybe set the thing up for daisy-chaining if you wanted more. Add in a midi i/o port and you pretty much have all you need in one handy box.

Bascially a pre-amp, EQ, Comp/ A/D and D/A with DSP and firewire. There are alot of different ways that thing could be built, but the idea of an "all-in-one" frontend/backend interface for computers may now be one step closer.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if this TC product has the new firewire chip in it called the Dice 2?

See,

http://www.wavefrontsemi.com/featurestories/10NWavefront2.html

and this--

http://www.musicplayer.com//ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=023158

I'll bet we are gonna see a lot of new innovative products very soon, preamps, DSP, flexible I/O and Firewire.

Originally posted by Johnny B:

I wonder if this TC product has the new firewire chip in it called the Dice 2?

Not yet,but I'm sure future products from TC and others will.Be aware though,that the new portable PoCo has roughly half the Proc muscle as the rack mount unit.And yeah(alluding to your other post),I'd like to see UAD in a box with more bandwidth and speed than the current FW spec,but I'd also like to see replaceable(pop in)DSP power upgrades rather than the multiple card/unit option for more power.
"A Robot Playing Trumpet Blows"

Mr. Viking,

Please tell more of what you are thinking and why?

Not sure what you mean,but Dice 2 is new as far as product implementation and the review of the Compact PoCo in the Feb, issue of EQ states that it is roughly is about half the DSP power of the rack unit which is probably why it's $400.00 cheaper.

I did not see that review, did it say it sounded good or not?

Since it's basically the same plugin bundle as the PowerCore Element(the basic Pci card) which they reviewed in an earlier issue they really didn't comment on the bundled plugs this time around.They did review the new Mastering Plugs which do not come with any bundle but are extra.

Archived