Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Tsunami concert/telethon -- REAL singing!!!

There was a star-studded telethon on TV this evening to raise money for tsunami victims. It was nice to see so many people volunteering their time, but just as cool was the fact that they all appeared to be REALLY SINGING.

Britney and Ashlee were nowhere to be seen.

The Black Knight always triumphs!

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Coaster:

madonna as much as i may like her, should NOT sing beatles tunes. or maybe it was a mcartney tune.

BAD MADONNA. NO DOUGHNUT.

but its true, she really was singing.

looked like the guy on SNL last night really sang too.

it was a lennon tune, and i couldn't agree with you more! i was so pissed when sh tried to sing "imagine". no doubt that neil young's version on the similar 9/11 benefit concert was much better.

i basically stopped watching after she came on, though i did catch maroon 5 before chaning the channel.

"Britney and Ashlee were nowhere to be seen."

i noticed that too :D

your right, it was "imagine". for the life of me i couldnt remember what tune it was, because i was trying to erase the horror from my memory.

the band sounded great on the song though, it was just her that was so bad. and i kinda LIKE her otherwise.

i dunno if even cobain could pull off lennon, but he would have gotten my vote to try.

Someone, help settle a dispute for me please - solo acoustic guitar and vocal performance - was it Ben Harper or Lenny Kravitz? I think it was, well, let's just say my wife and I disagreed about who it was. :) She wouldn't listen to me, but maybe she'll believe it if everyone else says who it was. :)

I didn't watch the whole thing but I did see part of it, and the stuff I did see was pretty good.

Originally posted by Philip O'Keefe:

Someone, help settle a dispute for me please - solo acoustic guitar and vocal performance - was it Ben Harper or Lenny Kravitz? I think it was, well, let's just say my wife and I disagreed about who it was. :) She wouldn't listen to me, but maybe she'll believe it if everyone else says who it was. :)

I didn't watch the whole thing but I did see part of it, and the stuff I did see was pretty good.

I will not participate in a domestic dispute! Kcbass

"Let It Be!"

Music and presentation-wise, I think the audio dudes were spot-on all around. Lot's of acoustic stuff going on, especially that Yamaha grand. Elton's taped broadcast of "Sun" was really intensely delivered to my home theater. Quite a treat. Norah Jones frets were buzzing all over the place. LOL The real standout performance in my opinion was Sarah Mclachlan's "Angel". Holy shit, did she pour her marrow and guts into that performance. And the vocals were so damn nice sounding! What was that mic, eh? John Mayer was also in his zone and nearly becomes "welded" with his electric ax. Kewl 2 hours and a worthy cause. Hope all the funds go to where they are needed, and I hope they get there in the first place. Got that, Kofi?? ---Lee

Joe Pine (60's talk show host who sported a wooden leg) to Frank Zappa -- "So, with your long hair, I guess that makes you a woman." Frank Zappa's response -- "So, with your wooden leg, I guess that makes you a table."

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=2001&alid=-1

Archived