Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Hey Chuck / Sweetwater folks...

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Philip O'Keefe:

I see on the news that there's some flooding in Ft Wayne. I just wanted to check in with you folks and say I hope you're all doing okay and that your homes are not affected.

Prayers and well wishes headed your way! :wave:

Hi Phil,

Thanks for asking. You are correct, Fort Wayne is really taking on a lot of water! Our 3 rivers are at record high levels. We have had this problem before and fortunately, the problem tends to only interrupt the lives of those living close to the rivers. Over the years our city has tried to relocate people away from the rivers so it really is not a huge problem for most people.

Thankfully, Sweetwater is not close to any river and I am not aware of any of my people having problems. Saying that, a lot of our streets are closed and your heart pours out for the people who are suffering.

We have been filling sandbags for the last 2 days or so. This becomes a community wide effort 24 hours a day. Back in the 80s it flooded so bad that President Reagan came here and helped fill sand bags.

Thanks again for asking,

Chuck Surack

Glad to hear all is okay Chuck; I spoke with Bob Phillips (20to20) tonight and things are okay over his way also. It's too late tonight, but I may try to get in contact with Wrave in the next few days to check in with him as well.

Stay safe all of you guys. My prayers are with you that you continue to stay out of harms way.

You can take the man away from his music, but you can't take the music out of the man.

Books by Craig Anderton through Amazon

Sweetwater: Bruce Swedien\'s "Make Mine Music"

It's cold here too Tedster... about 39 degrees tonight. Brrrr! ;)

Of course, it's back up to about 70 tomorrow. :)

But I don't think I, after the past couple of weeks we've had, should brag about our weather in SoCA. :(

39 degrees is cold??!?!?!?!?

Here is Bizarro World (Massachusetts) yesterday was 35 for a high; then the temp went up overnight and it was 65 at 7 AM today. The call is for the temperature to fall off a cliff any miute now, and the rain falling now to turn to snow, before it stops in the evening and the temp continues falling to about 10 above 0. This is all in 24 hours :eek: .

Ted, WTF? :confused:

Chuck Surack...

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I see on the news that there's some flooding in Ft Wayne. I just wanted to check in with you folks and say I hope you're all doing okay and that your homes are not affected.

Brucie sez--->Surack Surack Surack Surack - I'm practising. I'll get it!

Let us know when we can send you nose-plugs and fins....

Bruce Swedien

Archived