Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Somehow the cold is colder here

Since I'm out on the road every week to the tune of about 3000 miles, I pass through a lot of ya'alls states. While I run into cold and inclement weather nearly everywhere, when I get home I always discover that the cold is colder here. It's simply bitter here in ND. There is no other way to describe it. Just tooling over to MN, down to SD, or the other way to Montana and it's always less bitter. I don't do any Canada yet, so I can't speak for north of me. Biting bitter cold. I live in a place where it's not fit for man nor beast, but they say it's a great place to raise your kids. :freak:

bbach

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by MattFacingSouth:

At least you're not in GF

-38 this morning.

Car started right up!

I was in GF Monday. Had to pick up a load of french fries to deliver to Shawnee, WI. I have always considered GF as the end of the earth. Christopher Columbus was wrong. The earth is flat and all you have to do to prove it is go to Grand Forks! :wave:

bbach

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Originally posted by BBach:

The cold won't seem so bad when the flooding and mosquitos come later on in the year.

Amen, I actually spent a lot more time outdoors in the winter than I did in the summer when I lived in GF, on account of the mosquitoes.

I have to say though, that I found the winters in Dayton OH much more miserable than in GF. Wintertime there is a constant 32 degrees and constantly raining and humid, damn that kind of cold just seeps into your bones. The dry cold in ND wasn't as bad, to me at least.

Botch

"Eccentric language often is symptomatic of peculiar thinking" - George Will

www.puddlestone.net

Archived