Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Video Laser Disk Players? (the old 12� type)

Im afraid my old trusty Panasonic LX-900 Video Laser Disk player is starting to fail. Does anyone still make VLD players? I hate to give up my collection of disks. Some of them such as Pink Floyd Delicate Sound of Thunder cannot be replaced by DvDs. It would be great to find something that can play VLDs and DvDs. Something that I can afford.

Robert

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the links. I am hoping for new just so I can get another 10 years of service out of the unit. The Pioneer DVL-919 combo player is just what I was hoping for, but the price of around $700 street ($1250 retail) is a bit out of reach. At least I now know that you can still buy a new unit. I did place a bid on a Panasonic LX-900 on ebay.

Maybe I should start looking at a good way to convert my LD's with some type of DvD writer. But then, CDR and DvDR media do not have a good shelf life.

Robert

You know, I forgot about that. Pioneer and one other company made most of the VLD players. Maybe it was Sony. Anyway, I like the way most Panasonic products work. Their controls seem logical to me. I love the cheap Panasonic DvD/VCR combo enough to talk my sister into getting one, and getting one for my dad's birthday. At the opposite end, my Pioneer receiver drives me crazy and my Sony VCR makes things more difficult than should be.

Robert

Archived