Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

AAAH! I need a good alarm clock!

Drew, we should use our children as a wake up service...if we could only figure out how to schedule them.. :)

I found the same thing. One odd noise, and I am up like 2 cups of coffee.

The my fav alarm clock is my iPod mini, but it is the least effective, since the music makes me feel good and want to stay in the sack. i tend to think the more annoying an alarm noise is, the better it will work.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Valky, I thought of you and my daughter today as I listened to a program on NPR called "Gray Matter". It ran in place of a great local interview show (Walt Bodine) that had a well-deserved day off.

The subject was circadian rhythm. Both you and my daughter (who just began a third shift job) need to be extra careful driving when you're tired at all - like jet lag, working when your body thinks it should be sleeping can bring on a condition every bit as dangerous as the condition of a lot of drivers will be in tonight. You could have easily slept thru any alarm for the duration of its time-out, as phaeton observed.

Henry

He not busy being born

Is busy dyin'.

...Bob Dylan

I used to have a rule -- never buy anything from Target with an electrical cord on it. (That was after buying a lamp there that melted down and almost caught fire [the plastic lamp cover were smoking when I caught it] and a very expensive 'stand' fan that sprayed 'permanent lube' oil all over its base, just barely missing my beloved oriental rug.)

I think their stuff is better now, but that kind of thing leaves an impression on you.

(I do buy most of my high couture clothes there. That's probably why people keep asking me what prison I just got out of.)

PS... I just use my cell phone's built in alarm these days. But that only works 'cause I keep it on and charged. Still, it might be a good backup alarm.

PPS... I'm 'lucky' in that I apparently hate the sound of alarms so much that I almost always wake up a few minutes before it goes off. (After the first time or two, anyhow.)

Archived