Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Compression Please!

Here's my dilema. I like compression. I like it in the studio and in live. I really like Focusrite compressors, platnum all the way! However, I am so underpaid and can only afford about $500 for a couple excellent channels of compression. I have used Presonus bluemax, acp-22, acp-88, ART, focusrite platnum, Red. I just can't decide on which one. The bluemax sucks for really loud applications. The acp-88 is too expensive, etc... What do you think? Also, I am looking for a small profile headworn lead vox mic for a female (high) vocalist for loud live. Cost is not as important as I have about $500 for this as well. I was planning on using one of the compression channels above on this mic as well as a wireless guitar. The two wireless bodypacks I have to use with the headworn mic are AT7373 series. Feedback is welcome. [url=http://www.Prometheus-design.com]www.Prometheus-design.com[/url]

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote]Originally posted by prometheusdesign: [b]Here's my dilema. I like compression. I like it in the studio and in live. I really like Focusrite compressors, platnum all the way! However, I am so underpaid and can only afford about $500 for a couple excellent channels of compression. I have used Presonus bluemax, acp-22, acp-88, ART, focusrite platnum, Red. I just can't decide on which one. The bluemax sucks for really loud applications. The acp-88 is too expensive, etc... What do you think? [/b][/quote] Get RNC! For $500 you can buy two (and a half :D ) of them!
I am back.

[quote]Originally posted by Gulliver: [b] Get RNC! For $500 you can buy two (and a half :D ) of them![/b][/quote] :) You can get 2 RNCs and a Funk Logic tray (to rack mount them in) for $375 (free shipping too) here: http://www.bayviewproaudio.com/ I think Mercenary Audio has 'em for about the same price. There's also a company called, I think, Atlas Pro Sound (or something like that) that puts up RNCs on ebay but their price is $399 for the same setup. If anybody knows of a cheaper place to get 'em, please let us know...I'm gonna buy a pair myself soon.
None more black.

Thanks for your feedback guys. I have found two great dealers to get stuff from for cheaper than where I was getting it, even with a discount. I think I have settled on the acp22 becuase of the limiter/gate built in. I like the fax on rnc but i have just plain compressors now. I need something that can cram a whole lotta sound into a little space. The headset I still could use imput on. Thanks. Prometheus-design.com

Archived