Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Stupid Coffee Filters - an account of one ambitious trek

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In desperate times, my wife HAS used a napkin as a filter. I mean, you HAVE to have coffee in the AM, right? And I don't know about you, but I really shouldn't drive (although I have been known to post on occasion ;) ) before I have a cup or two... so what can you do? Just make sure you use a plain (unprinted) napkin - you don't want ink in your coffee. :freak:

It's either that, or use instant. :eek:

Originally posted by Phait:

I had no idea those existed...

I use one every morning/afternoon. Just rinse it out with water and it's good to go. Throw it in the dishwasher once a week to keep it fresh.

It'll pay for itself within a year or so, depending on how much coffee you drink, and it saves paper, too.

Merry Christmas. Heheh. (BTW, that pic above is also a link to a retailer)

I use a 30 cup Regal coffee maker that has an old fashioned metal coffee ground filter, so I never have to buy coffee filters. They're sold for parties and offices, and make great coffee. I found mine at the thrift store for $6.00 and have been using one ever since. I also have a 40-cup maker that I use for parties. I got that one for a buck.

Living' in the shadow,

of someone else's dream....

I've used a paper towel in a pinch; works surprisingly well.

Those permanent filters...I don't know...every one I've ever had, seems like I could taste a difference in the coffee. Last one we had we gave to my wife's parents; as they live way out in the middle of almost nowhere, it frees them up from the restrictions of running out of paper filters. Otherwise, I think they're great.

I've upped my standards; now, up yours.

Archived