Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

And you thought "audiophile cables" and running magic markers around CDs was bad...

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I got mugged by 3 Esoteric reps at CES many years ago when they came out with directional cable. In the present they mean the arrows indicate a certain way to connect them so the shielding is not connected at the downstream end. If that was the intent, someone should have told every sales rep I spoke to. Back then, these tools got on my case for asking how copper can be directional.

Then to play along, OK, it's directional - how can it benefit an AC signal like audio if it is directional?

Man were they pissed.

This was the same year Esoteric had an oscilloscope showing a wave pattern from a CD with the rubber ring on the edge. What the pattern was actually translating, I'll never know.

You want to konw where this can lead you?

Go to Audio Asylum sometime.

Audio Asylum

But you will also find some great help if you are rejuvenating old tube gear.

It's OK to tempt fate. Just don't drop your drawers and moon her.

This picture says it all. I can hear this guys voice.

http://www.fastaudio.com/INT/acsys000.html

Franck Tchang, founder of Acoustic System speaks about resonators

" Can you believe it? I had 5000 metal rice bowls in warehouse in Taipei. No one buying. Then I heard about rich audio wackos. Now I screw five dollar bowl to peice of wood and make thousand bucks! I love 'dis country."

Not in support of Herr Dieter, but...

We hear that increduality about our (brand) silver cables too.

The listening, and personal advisements aside, some issues are subjective if one wishes it so and the opposite as well.

For the record, there is some mettalutgicial science in our stuff so that's another flame throwing contest altogether.

In wood membrane cellulose, since God did not make all of the trees alike, there is also some science.

The Sound Transmission Coefficient angle or STC rating of different materials and barriers for studio doors as an example.

One can account for the properties bewteen striated hemp, static MDF and Baltic Birch ply in enclosures for speakers and find that the hemp, is a superior, lighter weight and more renewable base product.

It's why folks like Brian Foraker use MO Pads and Zaolla Cables because their individual sense accuity attune to what new technology does actually manifest audible improvments in their facilities.

If there is resonance in outborad gear and that type of coating somehow reduces that dampening of a piece shaft acting as a tuning fork...dissapating electrons filtering through the potentiometer attached to the knob, then wow indeed....

Or should I say wow in Dieter...

R

Label on the reverb, inside 1973 Ampeg G-212: "Folded Line Reverberation Unit" Manufactured by beautiful girls in Milton WIS. under controlled atmosphere conditions.

Originally posted by Bryson:

I put three of these knobs on my Strat. Finished the neck with C37 too.

Soooo..... howzit sound ?? Do some volume control adjustments with the pinky yet ?? Phil Keaggy does that kind of stuff alot.

Living' in the shadow,

of someone else's dream....

I don't know where you could buy one. A friend sent me the picture for Christmas.

You can make your own though, very easily. Get a block of wood, pound a nail in it, and hang the dvd on the nail. The dvd will be re-wound and start playing from the begining. Try it, it works, and only takes a second.

Living' in the shadow,

of someone else's dream....

Archived