Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Oh My Goodness!

I just saw this on AOL news and its scared the hell out of me.!

Knifeman in Stabbing Frenzy

A man died and five people were fighting for their lives today after a rampaging knifeman carried out a series of stabbings.

A suspect - described as Turkish or Middle Eastern - was arrested following the attacks carried out around the Green Lanes area of north London.

A man died at Whipps Cross hospital in Leytonstone this morning and four men and one woman were in a critical condition at North Middlesex hospital.

A spokeswoman for North Middlesex Hospital said one man was admitted to Whipps Cross Hospital, Leytonstone, but was pronounced dead.

She said five others were admitted to North Middlesex Hospital - four men and one woman.

"They are all critical and two of them are currently in surgery,'' she said.

The man who died was a 40-year-old found with stab wounds in Advent Way, Edmonton, at 9.27am.

Police said they were first called out to the area at 8.20am to reports of a stabbing outside Edmonton Green train station.

They discovered a 29-year-old man who was taken to hospital and was described as being in a serious condition.

Since then there had been a number of other stabbings.

At 8.50am in Gladstone Avenue, a man was found stabbed and was taken to hospital and at 9.07am in Compton Crescent, a 30-year-old woman was found with a stab wound and taken by ambulance to hospital.

At 9.11am in Ecclesbourne Gardens, Green Lanes, a 30-year-old man was found to have been stabbed and taken by ambulance to hospital.

Police said: "We believe these incidents are linked. A man has been arrested in Haringey borough in connection with the stabbings.''

I was in Edmonton Green yesterday doing my food shopping and I live pretty close to the area where all these stabbings have happend!

What a disgrace this is!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm very glad that you didn't get caught up in this - great to hear that you're OK.

WTF is wrong with that crowd over there in London?! ;)

Cheers!

Spencer

"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way....BRUTALLY!!!!"

Tell you what...watching the 1pm news now, its really scary as they say its now 6 people stabbed, 1 person died at my local hospital and 5 critically ill!

Yesterday on the same street, a shop keeper was stabbed to death over 2 bottles of drink!

Last week it was a dad trying to defend his son from a gang of hoodied hooligans!

What has this world come to when we cant even go about our everyday buisness? :mad:

Thx though for thinking of me...just that its really scary at the moment with all these stabbings happening!

Anything over 3 inches is an offensive weapon and illegal!

You are not allowed to even carry army knives if your a cadet as its against the law here.

But the laws don't stop anyone carrying them though especially the hoodied freaks hanging out on streets mugging old ladies.

My 15 year old son was stopped on Tuesday(his birthday!) by the police and searched as he had on a hoodied coat on because teenagers have been going out mugging old people for their pension money out side of the post office!

Most of the time if your over 16 the yobs get a caution and the younger ones get a repramand.

As far as I am concerened they should be sent to court and then givern a jail term!

crazy people man.

Around two years ago I was living in Bethesda Maryland, right outside DC. I was walking home form the Rockville GC one day along the Rockville Pike, when I got home there was a news cast about a sniper shooting at the gas station I had just gotten cigarettes at! I was about 15 minutes early to being one sorry musician!

Hope everyone here and elsewhere has a happy and safe holiday!

crazy people man.

Around two years ago I was living in Bethesda Maryland, right outside DC. I was walking home form the Rockville GC one day along the Rockville Pike, when I got home there was a news cast about a sniper shooting at the gas station I had just gotten cigarettes at! I was about 15 minutes early to being one sorry musician!

Dude... I remember that... We had a gig in Manassas, VA, right when those "Beltway Sniper" shootings were happening. We played a club about a half-block from one of the gas stations... we bought gas there. Freaky.

\m/

Erik

"To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting."

--Sun Tzu

Originally posted by blackfish:

I was about 15 minutes early to being one sorry musician!

What makes you think that they weren't there already, and simply decided not to make you a target? THAT would be outright bone-chilling.....

I'm very glad they didn't, though.

Cheers!

Spencer

"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way....BRUTALLY!!!!"

Archived