Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Heart: Live in Seattle

A buddy of mine lent me this concert DVD and I had a chance to watch it last night; excellent! Heart's first album Dreamboat Annie was/is a favorite of mine, but when MTV got ahold of them and made the cute blonde do her high kicks and electric guitar god poses on a ballade, I pretty much lost track of them.

Age has not diminished Ann's voice in the least, damn she belts on this set! The vocal blending between the two sisters is spot-on, and some of the acoustic numbers the pair did made the hair on my arms stand up. I didn't realize they were such Zeppelin fans, they did two covers that sounded great, too.

I had to return it today, but just in case you were wondering what to get me for Christmas... ;)

Botch

"Eccentric language often is symptomatic of peculiar thinking" - George Will

www.puddlestone.net

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ann and Nancy Wilson are huge Zep fans. They've said that they started Heart to be the female Zeppelin.

I saw them on that show with Wynona, and Ann just mopped the stage with everyone. Lord, what a voice. I wouldn't care if that voice was packaged in a 600 lb mountain gorilla with irritable bowel syndrome -- I'd buy the album and see the show.

"Barracuda" is still one of the finest "one-fingered salute" songs of all time.

www.ruleradio.com

"Fame is like death: We will never know what it looks like until we've reached the other side. Then it will be impossible to describe and no one will believe you if you try."

- Sloane Crosley, Village Voice

I don't know if this is still true, but for years they finished every concert with Rock & Roll. because of their immense love for Zep. I love how, on Heart's Greatest Hits/Live, a studio/live double album, the guitar solo ends with "Revalie" instead of the repeating, descending 3 or 4 note lick Page played on the recording.

I missed my chance to see Ann and Nancy live at Belmont University a year or so ago.. for free! :rolleyes: I'd been working a lot and that was my only night home with my wife for a while, so I had to pass. :( I hadn't seen them live since 1986 at the U. of Iowa.

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Yeah, love them big time but I saw them last summer with Gilbey Clarke(sp?) on lead guitar and they could sure stand to lose him. Is Howard Leese too old to tour or what? The vocals and the rest of the band's playing was great though.

Lyrics. Wasted space between solos.

I can't tell you, but I can play it for you.

Originally posted by daddyelmis:

I wouldn't care if that voice was packaged in a 600 lb mountain gorilla with irritable bowel syndrome -- I'd buy the album and see the show.

Is that how good she's lookin' these days?

What we record in life, echoes in eternity.

MOXF8, Electro 6D, XK1c, Motif XSr, PEKPER, Voyager, Univox MiniKorg.

https://www.abandoned-film.com

quote:Originally posted by daddyelmis:

I wouldn't care if that voice was packaged in a 600 lb mountain gorilla with irritable bowel syndrome -- I'd buy the album and see the show.

Is that how good she's lookin' these days?

She's healthier and slimmer looking now than she was a couple years back.

But like daddyelmis says, it doesn't matter cuz she belts like a mofo - as good as ever.

Just a pinch between the geek and chum

Archived