Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

ALRIGHT, YOU FAT MAGGOTS!

It's 8:00am here, and my workout for the day has been dictated - were getting 35-45cm of snow buy this evening :thu: . The first flakes started to fall about 15 minutes ago. Should be fun!

Cheers!

Spencer

"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way....BRUTALLY!!!!"

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats, Aeon, and Dan. Yep, shoveling snow is a good way to burn fat, but, if you're middle aged (as I am) be sure to go easy on it, especially if it's wet heavy snow. A lot of guys are found dead in their driveways after shoveling.

Yup, the post holiday time is the time to get kicking!!!

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

38 cm and counting. I've been out shovelling once already. I figured by midnight, I'll have to go out again - just to clear out around the main doors.

Two good workouts in one day :thu:

Cheers!

Spencer

After shoveling all that snow, you guys need to warm up with Stabucks new Chantico.

"According to the company, Chantico is steamed with cocoa butter and whole milk, giving it a thick and creamy texture. "Imagine drinking a melted truffle and you're close to the Chantico chocolate experience," said Michelle Gass, Starbucks' senior vice president of category management.

Equally rich is Chantico's caloric content. A six-ounce cup of Chantico contains 390 calories, 20g of fat and 50g of carbs.

Starbucks says the nutritional value is "consistent with other premium desserts offered at fine dining restaurants."

Oops, sorry. Wrong thread. :D

Originally posted by RG203:

After shoveling all that snow, you guys need to warm up with Stabucks new Chantico.

"According to the company, Chantico is steamed with cocoa butter and whole milk, giving it a thick and creamy texture. "Imagine drinking a melted truffle and you're close to the Chantico chocolate experience," said Michelle Gass, Starbucks' senior vice president of category management.

Equally rich is Chantico's caloric content. A six-ounce cup of Chantico contains 390 calories, 20g of fat and 50g of carbs.

Starbucks says the nutritional value is "consistent with other premium desserts offered at fine dining restaurants."

Oops, sorry. Wrong thread. :D

Gee thanks! And a dozen raspberry filled bismarcks... :freak::rolleyes::D:D

In early November (I think) I got a new family doctor. He told me to loose 10 lbs., 40 points of cholesterol, and also scheduled me for hernia surgery. Then told me to come back in a month. When I went back I had gained 5 lbs. But what did he expect? I had hernia surgery, was not allowed to ride my bike for 5 weeks, and the holidays were in full force. So, he gave me 4 more months. Stress at work was building. I was countering with my drug of choice, caffeine. 4 Pepsis a day and lots of chocolate. Monday I weighed in at 203. The most I have ever weighed.

So, we started a group weigh-in at work. 11 of us put in a dollar, and each Monday we weigh in. Anyone who gains that week has to put in another dollar. After 6 weeks the one who looses most gets the pot. A dollar may not seem like much, but the group support is great. Ive lost two pounds in 3 days by cutting back to one sugar based pop each morning, and no Cheatoes at night. Friday I leave for Florida for a two week vacation. Hopefully I will walk off at least 10 pounds during that time. I like to walk where there is something to see. After that maybe it will warm up enough for the bicycle again.

I just cannot make myself ride an exercise bike. No goals. On a real Bike I can ride a few miles away from home. Then, if I want to make it back home again I have no choice but to pedal. That is a real goal. :D

Oh well. Im rambling again. I seem to be doing that more and more since cutting back on sugar and caffeine. :confused:

Robert

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

Cool, Ted. :)

I have cut back a lot on the sugar, but still drink the java a few times a day. I blame uni for that! Not too much, though. Maybe about three or four 6 oz. servings at the most, so it's not too bad. I know people who drink a lot more coffee than that!

I also need to work out more... Got to get some solid muscle back, and get rid of some of this "baby fat". Even with that, I'm starting to get some stares from the females in the place. Must do something about that, 'cause I want to study hard. :D

Oh, I'm a javahead. I suck the stuff down like it's going out of style, and I know I'd lose weight more rapidly if I cut back. But I've got to have ONE vice.

And I drink a lot of pop...but it's all diet.

I finally broke through a barrier. I went from 240+ to 215 over a three year period. I couldn't break 215 for the last year. I'm now down seven to 208 and plan to keep going.

Doing simple stuff. No eating after 7pm, only a fruit smoothy for breakfast (maybe an apple as well)whenever possible. Small meals and snacks between noon and dinner. 2 mile walk after breakfast and dinner as much as time and weather allows.

Simply smoothy -

Frozen strawberries

bananna

red grapes

fresh orange juice

That's it (no yogurt, ice...)- blend and drink

Hey, Blue, 220 looks better on 6'1" than 218 does on 5'11". The holidays smeared me...but I'll work it down. I'd like to eventually get to 185, too. The docs say 176, but that's bullshit with my frame. But, I'm not saying that's my goal. 205 is my goal. Then, I'll worry about 200. Little steps.

Post as often as you feel so inclined... ;)

Originally posted by Tedster:

But, I'm not saying that's my goal.

I've been thinking about a goal weight. That looms large because Weight Watchers, in the past, has been an important part of my life. I decided that waist size is more important. If I can get to 34 or 32 inch waist, I won't worry about what I weigh.
There are two theories about arguing with a woman. Neither one works.

"Healthy" doesn't nessecarily mean "thin", either. I see a lot of people drifting around that could certainly use to put on a few pounds. They look like I could snap them of if I walk past them too fast. I'm the biggest/heaviest that I've ever been. But I don't by any stretch of the imagination feel fat.

So long as the heart is strong, the cholesterol is good, the blood-sugar is balanced, and my energy is up, I'll be quite happy.

And a nice six-pack of abs..damn how I miss my abs! :D:D

Cheers!

Spencer

progress report:

after the first month I have taken my belt in a notch and it's still looser than the previous notch when I started. I don't know how much weight I've lost but I'll try to find a scale and find out.

Except for a couple of days I've been eating less than 1200 calories, which was my goal. Seems to be working :D

Me and my two dogs, Remington and Winchester

The other day I took a pair of jeans right out of the dryer, still warm and toasty...and put them on.

And you know how cotton shrinks in the dryer if you use high heat...well, this pair of jeans was always a little snug at first, then they would "relax" after a couple of hours.

Well, this time...they were loose right out of the dryer! Falling down loose!

I can see the changes in my body in the mirror now...and when I am sitting down, and I look at my leg, it looks...thinner...and it still seems kinda weird (as I have been carrying my pudge for some time now)...the self-image is changing slower than the body is.

I have been good at keeping calorie intake to 1000-1200 a day, very nicely balanced in terms of nutrients. Also, next to no caffeine, and I am down to 2 2-liter diet clear sodas a week...the rest is just water...and soon it will be all water.

I am finally getting OK with feeling hunger, and not *having* to do something about it.

Weather is such that bike riding can resume again...and that will make a big difference.

I do still have 1 piece of dark chocolate every day though...mood control, you know? :D

wishing you all well on your goals,

aeon

Go tell someone you love that you love them.

Archived