Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

ALRIGHT, YOU FAT MAGGOTS!

http://www.rleeermey.com/images/05lrgcalrot.gif

If you're not fat...go away. If you're fat, read on...

I made the mistake of stepping on the scale today after a month of well-meaning jerks, bozos, and skinny people bringing food to work, offering food, cooking feasts, and fattening me up for a coronary. I think someone wants my inheritance. I've gained weight. Too f*cking much weight.

So, with Christmas just around the corner, the holidays are going to be over soon. So, I want to get together with all of you musicplayer fatties and do a massive "EATAHOLICS ANONYMOUS" thing. We start by posting our current weight, and our target weight. Each week, we post our weight for all to see. Yup. No fat people with arteries clogging anymore!

Who's with me?

http://www.rleeermey.com/images/ainspection.gif AND DROP THAT JELLY DOUGHNUT AND GIVE ME 25 GOOD ONES, NUMBNUTS!

:D

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm in, Tedster. The Air Force is cracking down on the physical fitness problem, I never had a problem when I was active duty but I'm not the model of warfighter I was in '95 (6'5", 199 lbs, 1.5-mile run in 9 minutes). Let's do it!

Botch

"Eccentric language often is symptomatic of peculiar thinking" - George Will

www.puddlestone.net

I'm 220 at only 5'6". (50 lbs overweight?)

Anyway, I think I'm doing good if I can keep my weight THE SAME during the winter. Every summer I ride my bike to work to try and lose pounds, but winter is hopeless here in Ontario. It felt like 10 above today and I'm not riding a bicycle when it is that cold !

The only thing that is helping to regulate my weight in the winter is my EXTREME SPORT DRUMMING and I'm back to practicing 1.5 hours per day.

Yes if my weight goes up any more I'll need a more severe solution.

Dan

http://teachmedrums.com

Um, 6 feet & 205. Been there for years, though once in awhile I'll get 'er down to under 195.

Actually, the Doctors are a bit surprised I've been able to hold it where I am. Most people on the type of steroids I'm on gain lots of weight 'cause it usually makes people hungry. I guess it helps to take the shit at night so I don't eat. :D

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

Aaah, PT. Gotta love it. :) Actually, I am in pretty serious need of some. I sit on my backside all day and night long, eat too late at night and generally don't get moving enough. The wife just went on a medically supervised diet, and that means I have to get my butt motivated. I can't let some GIRL show me up. ;):D

5'8" 190, last time I checked. I tend towards heavier than what you'd imagine given my height, but muscle can turn to flab pretty fast if you don't stay active. I should probably be at around 175 if I'm working out, and about 165 if I'm not. So let's call my target weight 175. All I know is that my gut needs some help - which means it's time to get busy. I'm in Ted, but I'm going to wait until after Christmas. So sue me. :D

Hey Botch, how did you do on your last PFT?

AWRIGHT...we're getting a turnout!

Our goal is to look decent at the beach this summer. No love handles. No man-boobs. No double or triple chins. If there are any ladies that want to join us, you're welcome... and for you, no flabby triceps or wide glide buns...

Me? 5'11" and 224. I was 205 last summer, I want to get under 200 by this summer. So I'll say 195 would be great.

(Arnold voice) Ve ah all goink to be ze good-lookink, in-zhape musicplayah forrrrum peeble zis sommah, ja?

Go men, go!

I probably don't qualify for the club, but I've gained some weight since spraining my ankle in October. I wasn't able to run for a while. I'm just getting back into it. So, can I be your token thin dude while rying to get back down to my racing weight?

The Black Knight always triumphs!

I'm in, but I too must wait until after Christmas (no pun intended).

5'8" and 185 - all in the gut and handles. My target is 165 and no handles/gut. I'm new to this exercise stuff ;) , so can someone recommend a good handle buster to include with my plethora of fat burning chores?

No matter how good something is, there will always be someone blasting away on a forum somewhere about how much they hate it.

I've been told you can't spot reduce...reduce certain parts. That sux bigtime. Love handles are a big problem for me, too. I think perhaps just a general regimen of cardio fat-burning stuff is the best.

Since I've started working at the university in September, my physical activity has dropped off significantly, I've only put on about 5 lbs or so, but I've noticed my energy level has curtailed big-time. I'm looking forward to doing lots of running over the Holidays (the weather is way too inconsistent for cycling here this time of year). Hopefully, that will combat the vast (and I do mean vast) amounts of food I habitually eat during the Holidays.

I remember one Christmas where I purposely ate enough to gain 10 lbs over a 2 week period. It had been a very stressful and depressing year (cue Comicbook-Guy: "Worst year - EVER") and I was only 150 lbs: about 10 lbs underweight. And for someone who has a hard time putting on weight, I had to eat a lot!!! At least twice that of the average gorger. There was a constant fog in the kitchen, and a much higher heating bill as a result of the fridge being constantly open :D

For the record, I'm 5' 10", and currently 182 lbs...looking to lose an inch or two around the waist (I miss my abs - I know they're there somewhere!). Alls I need is two weeks of running. Cross country skiing would do the trick, but I am without my gear and the snow..... :cry:

I'm in, Tedster!

Cheers!

Spencer

"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way....BRUTALLY!!!!"

Originally posted by Philip O'Keefe:

Hey Botch, how did you do on your last PFT?

Not good. Ran the 1.5-mile in 12:37, did 27 pushups in 1 minute, 34 crunches in 1 minute, and my "abdominal circumference" measurement was close to a Volkswagen. I don't have love handles, I have love armrests.

Botch, 20 December 2004: 6'5", 237 lbs.

Goal: 210 lbs, by tax day, 15 April 2005.

(thank God we can edit these posts...) :P

Botch

"Eccentric language often is symptomatic of peculiar thinking" - George Will

www.puddlestone.net

I'm in Tedster.

We have so much junk food here at work we have literally run out of room to put it. I'm going to have to wait until after Christmas though. I just don't think I can do it and stare at all this chocolate all day long. It should be illegal to bring junk food to work (and then talk about how everybody around is gaining wait :evil: )

I don't have a scale but I'll get on one when I visit the family for the holidays. A guess would be 5' 11" and at least 205 lbs, 95% seems to be gut.

Me and my two dogs, Remington and Winchester

Originally posted by The Tedster of Christmas Present:

http://www.rleeermey.com/images/05lrgcalrot.gif

Shouldn't that read: "Semper Fudge"? :D:D:P

Sorry, had to quote Rodney Dangerfield on that one....

Cheers!

Spencer

"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way....BRUTALLY!!!!"

OMG, I can't believe that ANY of you are complaining about your weight!

ROOKIES!

AMATURES!

You guys better eat some bacon and taters to catch up to me.

Yeah, well, hopefully I'll be able to take of this inflatable cast on my foot and start working out at some point soon.

Yes, cast, as in stress fracture, as in "Your ass is too fat to do anything remotely athletic without breaking something, you fat idiot."

Jeez, the heaviest of you is like 225! I'd KILL to get to 225!

I really don't know what to put here.

I'll join in (after the holidays as well - too much good food to pass up). I'm not too out of proportion height/weight wise at 6'1" 185lbs but I'm as flabby as I ever been. I'd like to get my weight back under 175lbs and get rid of my Wisconsin tumor (beer gut for the non-cheeseheads). I used to do my age in pushups every morning but hurt my shoulder a couple of years ago making it difficult.

Originally posted by Phait:

6 foot 1 and 3/4 and between 175-185 pounds.

YOU can be replaced with a wet mop....

Since i quit smoking last year, i put on about an extra 50 pounds. I now stand 5'8" @ 190-ish. It's all around the middle, too.

My biggest defeats are

1) cold weather (can't ride a standard bike on the ice, but i'm looking for a 3-wheeled one)

2) Beer. BEER BEER BEER. Starting last summer i started to take a really big liking to beer, and i'm not talking your standard miller lite or budweiser or currs. It's all that thick, dark, malty pour-it-in-a-bowl-and-eat-it-with-a-spoon straight-to-your-ass type o' stuff. You know, an easy 4500 calories in an hour or two. :eek:

Maybe, just maybe, if i can lose some weight i can convince the gf to drop that little bit o' pudge she has (shhhhh!!! don't tell her i said that) :D:love::o

Dr. Seuss: The Original White Rapper

WWND?

Originally posted by PBBPaul:

I've seen your gf. She ain't got no pudge! :D

In the right places she does. :D

Hey, Sylver, like four years ago I was well over 250. I won't say just how well, but trust me, I was up there. So don't worry.

And, a regimen of eating modification and exercise is the only way to go. Doesn't have to be an Arnold Schwarzenegger-type workout, just something done regularly to burn calories.

And Archer's right. It should be illegal to bring junk food to work.

I've seen your gf. She ain't got no pudge!

Yeah, shame on me for saying that! :o

In the right places she does.

Heyyy!! :evil:

So then, i suppose that once we all get some folks together, we need to get some strategy worked out.

I understand that different things work for different people, but there's got to be some basic stuff beyond the:

1) Don't pig out.

2) Don't sit on your ass after pigging out.

3) Don't eat crap.

4) Go out into the Big Blue Room occasionally, move around some. Or a different room with other people moving around and being sweaty.

In the summer i do a lot of bicycle riding, but i'm not 100% sure that it does any good. Yeah, i'm talking between 10-14 miles a day, and i'm standing up when riding, averaging about 16-18mph the whole time. Not lollygaggin'. I have a pretty intense headwind halfway around the lake usually too.

Some might say jogging is the way to really wear yourself out. Walking does almost the same but without beating your spine up. Cross country skiing works for some. Maybe 50 situps every night before you go to bed.

???

What will it be?

Dr. Seuss: The Original White Rapper

WWND?

Archived