Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT! It ain't Jameson but...it's semi SPAM.

It's not bad scotch at all.

William Grant's is what I'm sipping right now. Never tried it before tonight. A bit of a celebration for me.

Hmmm...You wonder, why in the hell is this idiot writing about something as inane as Scotch Whiskey?

Well, I'm still jacked up about a huge step in my real life career change and want to share with my cyber and real friends.

I just graduated from the required Quick Start program for the Real Estate Broker I went to work for. The state test was passed after much trepidation and several weeks of schooling to prepare me for it, through said Broker's educational classes. I'll start for them this coming Monday morning and this is the most excited and positive I've ever been about any opportunity that I've had in all my years. Lots of hours? Yeah, but no more than I've been putting in for the last umptynine years, making squat for income, and putting up with some asshole's idea of what is right. So, today I embark on a new, exciting adventure, again working for myself, essentially, but with a much higher probability of generating a substantial amount of income per hour spent. Will I be putting in 10 or more hours a day? Yeah, but that ain't shit. I've been doing that all my working life for diddly squat. Now it's time for me to make a buck or two for working those same long hours.

I have keys to the office, will go in on Monday to go through orientation, find my desk and start to learn what's really going on in this new life I've embarked on.

The only regret I have is that I didn't do this 20 years ago.

So, Beef Burgandy for dinner, with a nice red wine, and some Scotch after, to celebrate a bit.

Believe me, the big celebration will come when I finally receive the official state license I worked so hard to get. That will be any day now.

God love you my friends. You have, without your knowledge, been a tremendous amount of support for me these last months.

I do appreciate it and hope, someday, to be as much help to those of you in need as you have been to me.

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Dak the halls:

Hmmm...You wonder, why in the hell is this idiot writing something about as inane as Scotch Whiskey?

Oh, come on, this thread'll be a three-pager by morning just on the Scotch alone.

Congrats on your new opportunity, Dak! There does seem to be a lot of money in real estate, and you're going to be good at it. Glad to hear things fell into place for you, after all the work you put into it. :thu::thu::thu:

Botch

"Eccentric language often is symptomatic of peculiar thinking" - George Will

www.puddlestone.net

Archived