Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Amazing Doom 3 PC case mod

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You're obsessed with Doom 3 (although not as much as that guy). Try Half-Life 2. I found it a bit superior. Doom 3 got a bit repetitious for me after a few hours.

Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.

Mark Twain (1835-1910)

--------------------

Reporter: "Ah, do you think you could destroy the world?" The Tick: "Ehgad I hope not. That's where I keep all my stuff!"

I thought you had posted a thread around its release, saying how excited you were about it.

If it was my imagination, that's fine. It won't be the last time I posted after too much Nyquil.

Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.

Mark Twain (1835-1910)

--------------------

Reporter: "Ah, do you think you could destroy the world?" The Tick: "Ehgad I hope not. That's where I keep all my stuff!"

for a guy who in the last year worked most as a game sound designer im actually not into games. im pretty obsessive about completing things so a few years ago i swore off games. it was hard, and i had two relapses... one was with the Conquerors Expansion pack for Age Of Empires 2.0, and the other was for Hitman2.0

the game that made me realise i had to quit gaming was Baldurs Gate 2.0 and its expansion pack... that was hundreds of hours i was playing for, and i should have been making MUSIC!

gaming is teh devil! (but please buy more games so i can keep working as a game sound des :P ).... i might even be able to plug the project i worked on this year soon... woohoo! its nothing major but im young and it is/was my first "globally released" sound design in the making...

That PC is quite a work of art. I did model cars and tanks through about frosh year of high school, so I appreciate the patience that goes into something like that.

These days, I can't imagine having one tenth the time on my hands to take on such a project. Did download the demo of DOOM3 and play with it a little. My only PeeCee machine is a laptop, and though it's pretty beefy, the game is stuttery at even low quality, due to a wimpy video card.

Stephen Fortner

Principal, Fortner Media

Former Editor in Chief, Keyboard Magazine

Digital Piano Consultant, Piano Buyer Magazine

Industry affiliations: Antares, Arturia, Giles Communications, MS Media, Polyverse

Originally posted by Phait:

http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/projects/doom3/doomlog/doom3log_1.html

Many pages, check 'em out! Very inspiring.

It's pretty amazing and shows a lot of craftsmanship -- although it brings one question to mind: But why do you want your car to bounce up and down at traffic lights?

Archived