Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Anybody using an Audiophile 2496 and know how to install the WDM drivers in win98se?

using sonar and am getting 23ms latency, I believe that between 1.5 and 3ms is possible with this card, thats what i've been hearing anyway, on the sonar news group they seem to be vague about it, anyway if you have any leads let me know the other programs i use have an unoticable latency so i don't know why sonar has 23ms. the other programs are basicly reason, right now. also i downloaded the win2k wdm drivers off of m-audios' website but when i try to install them windows just installs the other non-wdm drivers, even if i erase them and specify the wdm driver folder location.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WDM support is pretty sketchy at best under Windows 98SE. If you want to use WDM I'd highly recommend using Windows 2000 or better yet, XP. I've done lots of driver testing under all Microsoft OS's and I can tell you than neither Windows 98SE or Me work very well with most WDM drivers. So, until you upgrade your OS, I'd recommend sticking with your MME drivers. -Dylan

I'm getting 8ms w/the Audiophile with just the MME drivers.I had way too many midi problems with WDM/98se.To get these figures w/MME go to C:/program files/Cakewalk/Sonar/Audio .ini and delete everything relating to the Audiophile(lower half).Then open up your mixer panel and set the sample buffers to their lowest setting,then open up Sonar and it will reprofile.When you put Sonar's buffer size lever to the left you should get at least 12 ms if not 8ms.Keep in mind this is only good for a few tracks or so before you start getting dropouts.For playback and general audio recording I usually put the lever back to 95ms to avoid problems/dropouts.I tried the "hot fix" for WDM but still had midi problems in 98se.
"A Robot Playing Trumpet Blows"

Archived