Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Holiday DVD Gifts for yer pals and loved ones

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw "The Kids Are Alright" on TV a few weeks ago.

I think I'll get it and give it to a guy who's given me a lot of work this year. I'll have to check out the Bruce Hornsby DVD .. I recorded him a couple years ago and recorded Gregory Hines tap dancing to Stanley Clarks Bass playing in the late 80's. That'd be a good one to have.

Russ

http://home.bellsouth.net/p/PWP-russragsdale

Some recent favorites:

Glitz, Blitz & Hits - The Sweet Documentary with lots of live footage, great fun and fantastic singing. Can't believe three of the four are dead already... :(

Woman of Heart and Mind - Joni MItchell Another doc with live footage, goes into her life history and great for any Joni fan or to make new ones.

In Concert - Tower of Power Great closeups, although a couple of the horn players are too belly-challenged to be trying them dance moves! :P

Rockin Down the Highway - The Doobie Brothers A benefit concert with most of the original members, and lots of other footage including Michael McDonald. I've always enjoyed the DBs, both playing and listening to their songs.

Highwire Act - Little Feat Pudgy and grey, but they can still burn, damn!

Welcome to our Neighborhood - Slipknot A huge hit with the Mormon population, I love it too. Can't beat a nine-piece thrash band for musical nuance!

Live 2001 at Reading UK - Level 42 :o:o I was looking thru my recent DVDs and found this one, OMG one of my favorite bands and I haven't watched it yet! This is Mark's new lineup, Shar posted a pic of them on another thread for me, I can't believe I had this and haven't watched it yet. Got something to do tonight if I can stay awake (I'm too old to do a double gig and Reserve duty on the same weekendddzzzzzzzzzzzz :bor::bor::bor: )

Botch

"Eccentric language often is symptomatic of peculiar thinking" - George Will

www.puddlestone.net

Archived