Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

"Alexander": The Sound

Has anyone seen this movie, yet? Was it just me or was the score WAY too loud and the dialog WAY too low? When there was any kind of music or sound, you fought to hear the people talking. This is probably the worse balance I've ever heard in a film (no offence if anyone on here is responsible for the sound). Stone must've been stoned to greenlight this.

Any other examples of bad sound in a movie?

Peace

If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking 'til you do suck seed!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw the movie. I hated it. It was too flamboyant and homoerotic for me. Call me paranoid or homophobic, but it still sucked.

As for the sound. I don't remember. I'm still trying to get over Colin Farrell kissing other men.

Shut up and play.

True story. I was just thinking of this one theater that was just horrid. Ick. And it was built in the 1970s. Most of the good theaters in Colorado are all new anyway. At least, that's my experience. You can't beat those 24 megaplexes out here. It's very hard.
Shut up and play.

It's a fairly new theater. The Philadelphia Inquirer actually called it "the future" or something like that when it opened (16 screens, indoor amusements and rides, arcades, three stories). I actually just said to someone, though, that it may have been the particular room it was in (a smaller one). However, I've seen other movies in there and they were fine.

I wasn't going to talk about the movie itself, but I didn't like it at all. Save for Rosario Dawson, there was nothing at all redeeming about this movie. I wouldn't recommend it to a rat.

Peace

If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking 'til you do suck seed!

Does the building's age ---or any other locally specific detail---matter?

Aren't movies mixed & sound-balanced already?

If not, that's rather a big opportunity for a film to be ruined by the mistakes of an amateur projectionist!

OT aside, haven't seen it but what's with that beachpunk hair dye-job Ferrell's sporting as Alex (blond top/ black eyebrows :rolleyes: )?

Archived