Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Students arrested for forging Subway sub cards.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Once my stepdad and I went into Subway, I'd scanned a $5 bill and printed it both sides and crumpled it up. He handed the clerk the bill and he took it but my stepdad laughed and said "give that back I'm kidding, it's fake". But the clerk took it. It's so easy man... I wouldn't do it on a normal basis unless I was really, really in need of a quick food fix.

I fooled a then-girlfriend of mine in the same way, four years back. $10 bill, scanned on a Mac 7300/200 and printed on document-weight paper on an Epson Photo Stylus 700.

She had no idea until I stopped her.

It's easier to do than one might think, and mostly because of the inattentiveness of today's workforce.

I've upped my standards; now, up yours.

I'd scanned a $5 bill and printed it both sides and crumpled it up. He handed the clerk the bill and he took it
Glad you avoided the FBI and incarceration. Somehow printing money like that strikes me as a bit, uh, risky thing to do. :eek:

Just a pinch between the geek and chum

Even though we never got caught, the guys in my fraternity did something similar about 12 years ago. Across the street from the fraternity house was a sub place called Jersey Mike's-if you are from southern NJ, you know what I'm talking about. They used to give out the cards where if you get 10 stamps (ink stamps), you would get a free sub. So one guy steals a pack of cards (maybe 200 in the pack). One of the pledges ended up working there and stole a ink stamp. So essentially they were all legit, but they were not really honest. You would think that if the same 10 guys come in 4x a week with cards filled out that someone would catch on, never did.

Live 6, Battery 3, Project 5, Atmosphere, Albino 2, Minimoog V, Oddity, Nord 2X, Proteus 2K

***I can't play for sh*t, but I can sequence like a muthaf*ck*r***

Originally posted by offramp:

Originally posted by Monkey Mouse:

You would think that if the same 10 guys come in 4x a week with cards filled out that someone would catch on, never did.

Well....it IS Jersey, after all.... :D
True, but in Jersey they will either beat the hell out of you of they might make you disapear (Sopranos style). This was in Newark, btw.

Live 6, Battery 3, Project 5, Atmosphere, Albino 2, Minimoog V, Oddity, Nord 2X, Proteus 2K

***I can't play for sh*t, but I can sequence like a muthaf*ck*r***

When I worked for Opryland Productions, I used to drive gear from our warehouse to the Opryland Hotel for gigs almost 7 days/week for a year and a half. I was supposed to have complete access to their parking and loading ramps and docks. Still, with all the turnover in the hotel, I was constantly hassled by security.

When I moved on to an A/V company that worked many shows at the hotel, they used to give us a paper hanger we'd attach to the rear-view mirror that had a space for the applicable dates.

On one such occasion the hotel sent us blank paper hangers. :D

I was given one and promptly laminated it. Then I used a dry erase marker and changed the dates to match my needs. It worked for several years before they hired an outside company to run the parking lots. ;)

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

I was a contractor at a place that had assigned parking. The parking pass was a laminated piece of paper with a red number on it. I worked there for two years and kept requesting a pass.

One day I made one in Photoshop and hung it from my rearview mirror. I never had to go get a visitor badge from security ever again.

John

-----------

John\'s Songs

Originally posted by Bejeeber:

I'd scanned a $5 bill and printed it both sides and crumpled it up. He handed the clerk the bill and he took it
Glad you avoided the FBI and incarceration. Somehow printing money like that strikes me as a bit, uh, risky thing to do. :eek:
Actually, the United States Secret Service investigates counterfeiting. :)

Maybe this is why my local Subway posted a sign last week saying they would no longer be participating in the stamp card program starting January 1.

I still have a couple of full cards and two teenage sons. Each orders the same exact thing every time we go there - the employees can barely speak english, but they always know what to make as soon as we walk in there.

I'm sure Subway will implement some other form of affinity program to replace this.

Archived