Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

WHOOHOO!! SNOW!!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SAturday night cuaght the Big Bear Mountains off guard, as well as everyone above 800 feet in Victorville! 30 inches of that white stuff filled the property by Monday morning. Only been in the new digs a little over a month. Both cars were buried up to the windows.

I had just started a trench for a new power run to the garage (the beginning of the new AudioMaverick project studio. Now, there's a 9 inch deep trench that's iced over. It may be a few days before I can finish. At least, I didn't pull the original power run, yet.

What a blast :D

"It's all about the... um-m-m, uh-h-h..."

We've had very pleasant weather for this time of year, so far. No snow yet, but they are beginning to forecast it. Maybe Tedster can be more direct with the forecast and let me know just when to expect it and how much... He's in the neighborhood. I live about 10 to 15 minutes from where he works.

You can take the man away from his music, but you can't take the music out of the man.

Books by Craig Anderton through Amazon

Sweetwater: Bruce Swedien\'s "Make Mine Music"

Originally posted by offramp:

Well, I love it. Your towers be damned.

It's lightened up here, which sucks. I need some serious snow....NOW!!!!

My special wish for you is that you recieve whatever we're gonna get. Just keep it there.

You can have our grey skies and sub-zero temperatures as well.....it's a package deal.

Super 8

Hear my stuff here

Originally posted by Guitarzan:

are you guys crazy? we had snow last weekend and lost power for 2 days, others in Nova Scotia were less lucky and lost it for a week. a couple of towers collapsed.

i know snow, oh yeah i do. :eek:

Yeah, My brother lives in Beaverbank just outside of Halifax - it took him several hours to shovel his driveway. He bought a snowblower Monday past.....

...and what you had in snow, we had in rain. With all of the leaves clogging the drains, the run-off had nowhere to go. Many basements flooded.....

Cheers!

Spencer

"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way....BRUTALLY!!!!"

:confused: You haven't been getting much snow yet, Offramp? We've been skiing for three weeks! It's supposed to be coming down all Thanksgiving weekend, which isn't good as we're going down to Zion, but hey it'll be waiting for us when we get back! :thu:

Botch

"Eccentric language often is symptomatic of peculiar thinking" - George Will

www.puddlestone.net

Shars,

If I do happen to get out to my parents place this winter, I'll take some pics of some of the coolest winter scenes you'll ever see. The rolling hills of snow go on for 100s of miles. The West coast of Newfoundland dressed in white - amazing.

Cheers!

Spencer

Cool shot. If it were a little closer to nightfal, it's be a fanatsic "slasher movie" backdrop.

Blood shows up really well on snow!! :freak: Don't ask how I know that...... :eek::D

Cheers!

Spencer

Shars, when you snap that untainted forest picture, make sure it's a hi-res one, and e-mail me a copy. I want to use it as a desktop.

(btw, most places in England look spooky, by default.)

Super8, sub-zero's don't bother me much here, because there's no humidity to speak of. And we have so many sunny days here, a few grey ones aren't gonna kill us.

Weenie.

Botch, there's skiing going in up in the mountains and plenty of snow; it just doesn't get quite this far down as often as I'd like. (Probably because I live near Coors brewery and they probably pump enough heat into the air that cold fronts don't fare as well.)

We didn't get as much as I thought we would last night, but there's some overcast building up. There's still hope.

Spencer, is it really like what one sees in "The Shipping News", up there? But for the lack of trees, it's gorgeous.

I've upped my standards; now, up yours.

Around the East coast (where I am right now) it's exactly like in The Shipping News - which was shot here. On the Western side of the province, inland about an hour's drive, is the area I'm talking about - lots of tree-covered rolling hills and valleys, froze lakes and plenty of wildlife (including majestic moose). Copious amounts of snow in the winter - usually around15' - 18' annually.

Hopefully, the logging hasn't destroyed all of it this year.....

Cheers!

Spencer

Will do.

I'm going to go out and get some pictures when I go to Epping when it snows again and snap some of the wildlife in the forest. Its a beautiful place and theres places people just dont go to that often so it should be great to snap.

I do have to agree that England looks like its haunted when its dark and snowy and very victorian in some ways like Scrooge is going to pop out of a door way some where.

I was up in Pioneertown this past weekend, going to Pappy and Harriet's for some music and hiking. Pioneertown is located a few miles outside Yucca Valley near Joshua Tree National Park, and was originally built as a movie set for Western movies. The movie set was to provide a place for the actors to live, and have their homes used as part of a movie set.

During our stay here, we woke up to nine inches of beautiful white snow on the ground the next morning!

This particular picture was taken with a cheap-ass Kodak digital camera.

http://www.elevenshadows.com/travels/pioneertown/images/Pioneertreesnowforweb.jpg

I'm with you, Offramp. I can't stand this "in-between-summer-and-winter" rainy shite that we get here. I wish it'd go from summer temperatures to 10 cm of snow overnight.....BAMM!!! No rain or drizzle bullshit.

Cheers!

Spencer

Geez Louise...

I woke up to about 8" in flat areas this morning and up to a foot in drifts....

I had to break new snow on my street, as nothing had been plowed. The temperatures have warmed up enough to melt about half of the snow off already, but come morning time again, the night temperature will probably cause the water from the meltdown to turn to solid ice. I'd rather keep the snow around for a few days than to drive on ice. Sure was a beautiful sight this morning though; I wish that I would have allowed time for pictures... took me an extra 45 minutes to dig my way out and allow for travel time.

You can take the man away from his music, but you can't take the music out of the man.

Parts of the Big Bear area got roughly 30 inches of that white stuff. Here's me trying to recliam my car...

http://www.audiomaverick.com/image/snow/amcar.jpg

Yes, I'm looking into a used 4WD vehicle investment.

Offramp, here are a couple hires mountainside shots. Will one of these do for a backdrop?

Hi-res Mountian #1

Hi-res Mountian #2

Any one else have some snow pics for the season?

"It's all about the... um-m-m, uh-h-h..."

Thanks kindly, Maverick, but I just shot some pictures remarkably similar to #1 about a week or so ago (for a client).

What I'm looking for are shots like Shars...woods, paths, etc...feels like you're worlds away.

I've upped my standards; now, up yours.

These are shots of an ICE storm during the beginning of this year... February, I believe.

http://musicbizbuzz.net/Ice.jpg

http://musicbizbuzz.net/Ice%20Storm.jpg

http://musicbizbuzz.net/Icey%20Blue.jpg

And here's one of a snowfall earlier this year also...

this pretty little gem sets in my side yard on the back corner of my home... one of these days I'm going to decorate it.

http://musicbizbuzz.net/Virgin%20White%20Evergreen.jpg

Archived