Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

how's Terry Bozzio's name pronounced?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The very honor that you'd select my question for your first post here at Music Player...also makes it suspicious that you'd select my, apparently tiresome ("this is taking way too long"---or were ya talking about that "flood protection" ;) ), question for your first post here at MP...& you have just the authoritative qualifications I asked for(!).

I just want to actually pronounce the name correctly & not sound like some rube from ... :D

Originally posted by WaterfallMusicCompany:

What inspired my reply was offramp's post calling weasel a suckass when infact weasel was exactly right.

Errhh, I think offramp was joking.

But yes, Weasel is right so far as I know too. Never met Bozzio but I knew a lot of folks in L.A. who knew/worked with him and they always pronounced it Da Weasel way.

Originally posted by Coaster:

duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck

The funniest thing from Ralph in a while.....

Cheers!

Spencer

"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way....BRUTALLY!!!!"

Originally posted by Lee Flier:

What inspired my reply was offramp's post calling weasel a suckass when infact weasel was exactly right.

Errhh, I think offramp was joking.

But yes, Weasel is right so far as I know too. Never met Bozzio but I knew a lot of folks in L.A. who knew/worked with him and they always pronounced it Da Weasel way.

Errhh, Lee is dead on.

Initally, I'd've given WMC some slack on this, given that he/she is extremely new to the forums and hasn't been steeped in the sense of humor and 'net relationships here...but, in view of that newness, I note an obvious willingness to be nasty without considering said newness and that WMC might be reading things incorrectly.

Slack rescinded.

ANYWAY...

As far as the pronunciation goes: Hell, I'm from the Midwest. We're TAUGHT to mispronounce from birth; those of us who know better eventually have to leave the region for risk of being branded an traitor.

I never said I was correct. I only offered the only way I'd ever heard it pronounced, being a drummer since '74.

I've upped my standards; now, up yours.

reminds me of when terry bozzio was on "arsenio" w/ jeff beck and he was introduced as 'terry "bahzio/bowzio"

my friend goes w/ his sister carol bozzio who is in the band 'chatterbox' here in the bay area.

they pronounce it -BAH zee oh.

s :cool:

AMPSSOUNDBETTERLOUDER

Momentary slack appreciated, and my apologies for being nasty - I live in the midwest too, and with a constantly mispronounced and mispelled last name. And to make matters worse I'm a Bears fan...

I bet my midwest-centric name is mispronounced more often than yours. :)

My guess, BTW, is "Steel." Or is it "Style"?

Either way is pretty cool, if you asked me. :thu:

Originally posted by djarrett:

I am pretty good pals with Terry B. and "WHERE" is correct in the pronounciation.

Hey, I was correct too! Don't i get the consolation prize? A fruit basket, or a set of encyclopedias, or something? :)

P.S. Offramp: obviously you know nothing about drums or the internet, which I invented. :P

- Jeff

Archived